Murder on the Buffalo Express | Virtual mystery party
A highly-challenging 1930's themed murder mystery party set on a train from NYC to Cleveland for 6-11 players, ages 17 and up for difficulty. Note: this difficulty level is not for everyone - play this if your group is up for a challenge. This game has required video content. This is the virtual platform game -an instant download version - no waiting, no hassle, no shipping fees, as nothing needs to be shipped.
There are two required videos with this game that push along the story and a solution video. These will be provided via private link to YouTube, Vimeo and at our website at Your Mystery Party.
This game was updated on 06/09/2021
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Boxed version - My Mystery Party will prepare your party kit
- Direct your guests here - the pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Built in 1891, the Buffalo Express is a luxury steam locomotive that makes five stops between New York City to Cleveland, Ohio. It's 1934, and the next voyage of the train will roll out from New York City with a fully-booked First-Class carriage. The train staff has ensured the food is fresh, the ice cubes are perfect squares, and every nook and cranny is free of dust. With this many VIPs onboard, everything must be in perfect order. You will be on the locomotive for the journey to Cleveland. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- Optional to use: checklists for the host.
- 11 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution key for the game - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game tasks
- Three videos given via private link to YouTube, Vimeo and our website at Your Mystery Party
- Round One video to start the game.
- Round Two video to progress the game.
- Solution video
- Free invitation (optional to use)
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested)
- Spectator file to add play-along players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 17 for difficulty. This is a Sherlock level 9/10 rating. However, there are no instances of highly inappropriate content.
- Difficulty rating:
- Not for novices - 9/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Non-roleplay game.
- Number of players:
- 6-11 players
- Expansion/Expandable team players:
- Not at this time
- Date of publication:
- June 9th, 2021
- Unique content:
- 3 required videos
My group of friends really enjoyed this game. We have done many murder mystery games from My Mystery Party and this is a good one! Definitely not for newbies, but not impossible. A few people in our group even got the answer correct!
We loved it!
It was one wild adventure on the train! It was challenging, but wonderfully done!