Murder on the Buffalo Express | Mystery Party
A highly-challenging 1930's themed murder mystery party set on a train from NYC to Cleveland for 6-11 players, ages 17 and up for difficulty. There is not a victim-player in this game like most other games in our mingling/traditional catalogue. Also, this difficulty level is not for everyone - play this if your group is up for a challenge. This game has required video content. This is the in-person, mingling game - the instant download version - no waiting, no hassle, no shipping fees, as nothing needs to be shipped.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Boxed version - have us prepare the kit for you
- Murder Mystery Prop Emporium
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Built in 1891, the Buffalo Express is a luxury steam locomotive that makes five stops between New York City to Cleveland, Ohio. It's 1934, and the next voyage of the train will roll out from New York City with a fully-booked First-Class carriage. The train staff has ensured the food is fresh, the ice cubes are perfect squares, and every nook and cranny is free of dust. With this many VIPs onboard, everything must be in perfect order. You will be on the locomotive for the journey to Cleveland. This is where your story begins.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 17 for difficulty level. Like the rest of our games, there is no foul language, sexual content, or illegal drug references.
- Difficulty rating:
- Not for novices - 9/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Flexible gender
- Number of players in the main game:
- Expandable/expansion pack?:
- There will not be an expansion pack released due to difficulty level. However, you can add spectators - play along players.
- Date of publication:
- June 11th, 2021
- Unique content:
- Required video content, group challenge
- Game license:
- Single, private use. See the game license's Terms and Conditions below.
Our book group participated in this murder mystery. We've done other murder mysteries in the past. This one was one of the harder ones to solve but was very fun. I would recommend this murder mystery. Make sure to give your self time to get all materials ready, especially the online ones.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PACKAGE! The first time of hosting a Murder Mystery and definitely not my last time. Everyone Loved this game. The video's included helped a great deal with the hosting. We had so much fun and everyone was surprised at the end to find out who did it !!!