The Game Master's Virtual Escape | virtual mystery party
A non-murder, challenging mystery game for 6-12 players with fun escape-room style challenges, ages 15+ for difficulty. (The game can be played with only 4-5.) This game takes anywhere from 2-4 hours to complete, so you can separate it into two parties, if you wish. You'll figure out how to work together on video chat with your friends and family to find the notorious supervillain, The Game Master, and escape the game. You will need to use a video chat service of your choice to host this party, and at least one player will need access to a device to be used for online searches. This is a challenging, detailed game, so play this one if you are ready for some fun brain drain. This is an instantly downloadable game - no shipping, no waiting. You will need Wi-Fi for this game. This murder mystery game was formatted to play on Zoom or other video chat - you send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play!
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
The notorious trickster known as The Game Master has struck again. A group of adventurous people signed up for an escape room but got more than they bargained for, as they were separated and placed inside of locked chambers. The would-be gamers have been in complete darkness ever since. That is, until a computer monitor sprung to life in front of them. They are now connected to the others via video chat software and have mysterious packets that they are to use to escape. The group must work together at once. The Game Master, who typically dons a disguise, has also announced that he or she is among them as a participant. It makes sense now why The Game Master chose such a cast of vibrant and intriguing characters. You don’t know who to trust, but you do know you need to figure out how to solve your way out of this creepy place. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- Optional to use: checklists for the host - extremely helpful to have during the event.
- 12 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys/hint website for the game - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Access to graphics used in the game via a host website so the host can screen-share (optional to use).
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game tasks
- Introduction video to play to start the game, and two more videos on websites that are to be found during gameplay.
- Free invitation (optional to use)
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested)
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here. Note: we are not issuing waivers between September and January
- Minimum age::
- 15 for difficulty. This is a 7 rated game, but the content is 'G' rated.
- Number of players:
- 6-12 (but can be played with only 4-5 - you'll receive a separate, optional host list for the 4 required players). )
- Expandable/Expansion pack?:
- No, being an escape room type challenge, this game is best played with 12 players or less. You could have players watching on a video chat, but we don't have materials for them.
We played the Game Masters Escape Room with 10 adults. The characters and costumes added a fun layer to the party but definitely wasn’t necessary for game play. Some of the puzzles were on the more challenging side while others seemed obvious, this made it easier for people of varied thinking abilities to participate. We all loved that it was a team effort to complete the game rather than a competition style game.
Held a virtual escape room party for 13 year olds and they absolutely loved it.
The characters in this game are really fun to play because they have very distinctive traits. The puzzles were very clearly laid out, which will be great for some, but I personally found that it made the game quite easy.
Easy to set up, challenging enough to solve, even with a few experienced escape roomers. Loved the complete flexibility of running the evening on our timeline. Had a great time, recommend it!
It was deffo tougher than expected but very entertaining! Team work was everything! Great virtual night with friends!
We were off to a good start, especially when we used a whiteboard and printed clues. For added fun everyone dressed up as their characters, we recommend this.
Player virtually with 10/11 year olds. It was a challenge for them, and we did lose a few along the way but several of the kids are pretty savvy so they figured it out. Took us about 3 hours. Very clever and unique. The kids had fun dressing in costume, too.
This was great fun. I played with a group of 7 friends and we all loved it. The puzzles were tricky enough but easy to work your way through! I would certainly recommend!!
Great characters. Played with 7 over zoo.. I wouldn't want anymore people otherwise a few solve the puzzles while the others watch. Once all the clues are presented, you can work it out individually so screen share/group chat is a good idea if you want to work together. Puzzles were moderate, as stated. Not too hard/easy. Didn't need any hints. We didn't really stay in character whilst solving puzzles but the dress up was fun.