Mullets Mystery Party | Party Pack
A hilarious, lighthearted murder mystery party game for up to 16 players, age 14 and up for difficulty. Multiple kit sizes are available, covering up to 300 players.
There are 8 required characters with Kit A and Kits B-J have 12 required players (see host character lists for details). You also have the ability to make any optional character seem required by adding their round two post-murder clue into the game.
This is the boxed version of the game. Please see the video below, at the bottom of the page, to view an example boxed mystery party kit. The download version is a different product and does not come with the party pack, as they are not seamless and materials should not be used together.
Kit A: 8-16 unique roles.
Host character list for characters #1-16 (main game)
Pre-game site (16 players)
Invitation (16 players)
Kit B: 12-24 unique roles.
Host character list for characters #17-24 (first 8 from expansion pack #1)
Pre-game site (24 players)
Invitation (24 players)
Kit C: 12-32 unique roles.
Host character list for characters #17-32 (expansion pack #1)
Pre-game site (32 players)
Invitation (32 players)
Kit D-J: 12-48 unique roles
Host character list for characters #33-48 (expansion pack #2)
Pre-game site (48 players)
Invitation (48 players)
Kits E-J: Refer to the expandable team roles in the host character list for Kit D. These kits (E-J) will come in the following sizes: 70, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 by adding the eight expandable teams (duplicated non-suspect team roles).
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Henpecked Junction is a small, charming town chock full of the best trailer parks with the most offbeat, neighborly, and, well, troublemaking residents. The festival planners have spewed blood, sweat, and bacon grease to make this year's Mullet Fest the most extraordinary jubilee ever thrown in the town square. Everyone's chompin' at the bit to party this year, as Henpecked Junction recently received national recognition for bringing home a record number of winnin' titles, such as the Mullet of the Year Award, Muds & Suds Truck Race, Rompin', Stompin' Hot Dog Chomp - and the list goes on.
But the mayor's feelin' like a long-tailed cat in a room of rockin' chairs about how the townies will behave. Last year, the festival had to shut down b'fore sundown due to excessive table divin', portable potty vandalism, among other wrongdoings. So hopefully, everyone will be on their best behavior. Well, hmm, that bar ain't too high, if ya know what I'm sayin.' But can't never could do nothing, so the show will go on as planned.
I saw that you snagged your ticket to Mullet Fest, and I know you can't wait to see what all's being fried up for the food offerings.
This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Bound host instruction booklet with a separate game-specific instruction sheet.
- Printed, double-sided, detective-themed cards for pre-game, round one, round two, and the solution round for all players in the game.
- Solution envelope (labeled, red, 6 by 9").
- A 6 by 9" mystery investigation card for each player (cardstock, double-sided, detective themed).
- Adhesive-backed name tag for each player.
- Two required video links with a backup transcript.
- Access to a pre-game task card site if you wish to do the pre-game electronically.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here to learn more.
- Minimum age:
- 14 due to difficulty. Other than being downright silly, there is no highly objectionable content, such as sexual innuendos/affairs, drug usage, or foul language in the game.
- Moderate - 6/10 - average from beta test was 6.4 - so almost 'challenging.'
- Gender of character roles:
- Mostly gender flexible, with few optional characters that are designated as M/F. Using the required players - you could host as all-female or all-male by skipping over the gender designated optional roles.
- Kit sizes with unique roles?:
- A = 16, B= 24, C= 32, D=48
- Kits with expandable teams?:
- E=70, F=100, G=150, H=200, I=250, J=300
- Date of Publication:
- April 26th, 2023
- Unique content?:
- Two videos, two group challenges, bonus clues for an optional scavenger hunt.
- Game license:
- Single, private use. For the game license Terms and Conditions, see below.
We did this party with a group of 10 high school seniors. They all had an amazing time. The characters were light-hearted and fun and they all enjoyed the funny back stories. The level of difficulty was perfect and a few of them were able to figure out the solution. This game has no scripts, but each character has suggested clues on things they should reveal each round. The videos and other materials are clever and add to the party. I highly recommend buying the printed materials which all come on nice paper and look professional.