Mullets, Mayhem, & Murder
A hilarious, lighthearted murder mystery party game for up to 16 players, age 14 and up for difficulty. There is a 6-player minimum. Expansion packs (both purchased separately) with the second pack growing your invite list with up to 48 unique characters and to over 300+ players with 8 expandable teams.
There is an absolute minimum of 6 players, but you have the ability to make all 16 characters as required with the main game. You can also make the players in Expansion pack #1 required or all players (with the exception of the teams) appear required by using their round two additional clue.
This is the instant download version of the game - everything you need will be available as soon as you complete the order - nothing to ship - no wait.
There are multiple PDF files to download with this game - a host instruction file, printable file, solution key, backup scripts, and optional files. You must use Adobe Reader (free software that you can download at Adobe.com) to view the PDF, as a PDF is an Adobe product.
Format: this is a traditional, mingling, clue-based game (downloadable version) for in-person groups. For virtually-formatted games that are ideal for video chat platforms, click here.
Gifting: the standard game license does not allow transfers, so you cannot purchase a download as a gift. For gifts, click here for gift certificates, or use the link below for the boxed version of the game (party pack).
Expansion pack #1 (16 characters) - makes a 32 player game. Purchased separately
Expansion pack #2 (16 characters) - makes a 48 player game with game and expansion pack #1 (both purchased separeately) plus 8 expandable teams (enables you to host a 300+ player game)
Corresponding pre-game site - Direct your guests here Contains expanded bios, take a quiz, get costume suggestions, and more
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Henpecked Junction is a small, charming town chock full of the best trailer parks with the most offbeat, neighborly, and, well, troublemaking residents. The festival planners have spewed blood, sweat, and bacon grease to make this year's Mullet Fest the most extraordinary jubilee ever thrown in the town square. Everyone's chompin' at the bit to party this year, as Henpecked Junction recently received national recognition for bringing home a record number of winnin' titles, such as the Mullet of the Year Award, Muds & Suds Truck Race, Rompin', Stompin' Hot Dog Chomp - and the list goes on.
But the mayor's feelin' like a long-tailed cat in a room of rockin' chairs about how the townies will behave. Last year, the festival had to shut down b'fore sundown due to excessive table divin', portable potty vandalism, among other wrongdoings. So hopefully, everyone will be on their best behavior. Well, hmm, that bar ain't too high, if ya know what I'm sayin.' But can't never could do nothing, so the show will go on as planned.
I saw that you snagged your ticket to Mullet Fest, and I know you can't wait to see what all's being fried up for the food offerings. This is where your story begins.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 14 due to difficulty. Other than being downright silly, there is no highly objectionable content, such as sexual innuendos/affairs, drug usage, or foul language in the game.
- Moderate - 6/10 - average from beta test was 6.4 - so almost 'challenging.'
- Gender of character roles:
- Mostly gender flexible, with few optional characters that are designated as M/F. Using the required players - you could host as all-female or all-male by skipping over the gender designated optional roles.
- Number of players in the main game:
- 16 - you can have 6 required or all 16 as required roles. You will receive a separate host character list telling you how to host for less than 8 required.
- Expansion pack(s):
- Two expansion packs of 16 players each (both purchased separately)
- Expandable team players:
- Expansion pack #2 has 8 expandable teams - you can host with up to 300 players
- Date of publication:
- April 26th, 2023
- Unique content:
- Two videos, two group challenges, bonus clues for an optional scavenger hunt.
- Game license:
- Single, private use. For the game license Terms and Conditions, see below.
We did this party with a group of 10 high school seniors. They all had an amazing time. The characters were light-hearted and fun and they all enjoyed the funny back stories. The level of difficulty was perfect and a few of them were able to figure out the solution. This game has no scripts, but each character has suggested clues on things they should reveal each round. The videos and other materials are clever and add to the party. I highly recommend buying the printed materials which all come on nice paper and look professional.