Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley
The Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley is a one of a kind experience your guests will be talking about for years to come! Unlike our other mystery games, this one does not have a victim in the cast of players - the victim is disclosed upfront (Roland Kingsley). This in-person (face-to-face) game is for ages 16 and up for difficulty, and has 8-18 players. This game is not for novices - only choose this game if you're in for a challenge and serious sleuthing! Two 6 character expansion packs are available, so you can play with up to 50 players (see the breakdown below). This is the instant download upon purchase. You'll have everything you need to play the game at click of a button once you purchase the game. No need to wait, no shipping fees. For the boxed kit, see below under 'Helpful Links.'
Each player has a character webpage that includes a detailed background and costume suggestions with links. The players can read about their character, as well as study up on others that will be at the party, if they desire. There are two required videos to play during the game, and an optional one to play during the game, and one that's available on the YourMysteryParty.com pregame guest site. Everything should be considered evidence, so your guests can start sleuthing before the party ever begins! No way to play videos for the guests? No worries, we'll give you backup script/transcript files for the required videos. However, the videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game.
With this game, you will have multiple items to download: host instructions, printable file, solution file, back-up transcripts, it's optional to download the required videos (as you can stream from YouTube or Vimeo), and a free invitation.
Game release date: August, 2017, updated August 2021.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level.
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
Click here for the 6 character expansion pack #1 - expansion packs must be played in order.
- Click here for the 6 character expansion pack #2
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the boxed set to have My Mystery Party staff prepare your game kit!
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding site at 'Your Mystery Party'
Your game will include:
- Host Instructions
- Player Instructions (and an optional video to play instead of reading them to the group)
- Name tags
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player
- Optional video to have available as guests arrive
- Video #1 to start the game (available for download or download/stream from Vimeo, or stream from YouTube)
- Character clue cards for each player (Round One)
- Case file #1 documents (Round One)
- Video #2 to (Starts Round Two)
- Case file #2 documents for Round Two
- An optional YourMysteryParty.com/lastwill pre-game site and a separate character site with expanded bios for each guest
- Solution cards for each player (Round Three)
- Backup scripts/transcripts of the required videos
- Menu suggestions
- Optional bonus games
- An answer key
Murder Mystery Synopsis
Roland Kingsley is an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist. Famous for creating the number one social media application known as Yipper, Roland has notoriously created foes during his ladder climb to the top. (Check out Roland's recent expose on RBC News.) Roland was recently listed on the Fordes Magazine list of the richest people in the world with his estate being worth billions.
The world was shocked to hear of his untimely demise last Tuesday. The coroner has declared the death a suicide, but many have demanded further investigation. You received a letter from the family lawyer to attend the reading of the Last Will and Testament in the Kingsley Mansion on the outskirts of Godley Hollow. This is where your story begins.
Hosting the game for up to 50 players:
- 18 players from the main game.
- 6 players from expansion pack #1 (purchased separately, and expansion packs must be played in order)
- 6 players from expansion pack #2 (purchased separately)
- *Up to 20 members of the Kingsley Mansion Staff
*These are duplicate players, and not suspects, but they have the same materials as the rest of the players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here.
- Minimum Age:
- 16 years for difficulty and see content warning below.
- Difficulty rating?:
- 8/10 - Sherlock level - not for novices.
- Gender of character roles:
- All characters are gender flexible. However one required player (Pat Kingsley) is married to the deceased. The deceased is male.
- Minimum number of players:
- Expansion packs:
- Two 6 character packs - both purchased separately.
- Expandable teams:
- Yes, you can add 20+ staff members of the Kingsley Mansion
- Date of publication:
- May 5, 2017
- Unique content:
- Expanded bios on pre-game site. Each player will have a dedicated webpage to their character. This can be viewed during pre-game. Players can view each other's as well.
- Content warning?:
- As noted in the character bio: Ocean was a test tube baby from a biological sperm donor back when Roland was a teenager. Therefore, in-vitro fertilization is mentioned in one of the many plotlines, but not promoted in any manner.
we have a very mixed group coming together for my son's grad. everyone is so excited to be coming for a murder mystery party. it was easy to download and not too much to get ready.
Fun way to ring in the New Year
I purchased this game to play for New Year's eve with 7 friends. Everyone had a fun time as they all got into their characters. We started at 7:30 pm. Between the videos, the four-course dinner and discussions, we reached past 11 pm in no time at all. As the host it took some organizations and a lot of printing on my part, but everything worked out really well.
Something different for the holidays
There's a lot to like about this game. 13 of us will be playing this on Christmas Eve at a beach cabin we've rented. I looked for a game that had a mix of characters that my group could adapt to suit to their personalities. I needed something that was quirky but not cheesy. I like the details in the character descriptions and bios. It's funny how each of the archetypes fit my various family members. I like that it's a whodunit where the group is to gather after the murder rather than the murder taking place during the story. I like that the answer key is clearly marked at the end so that I could print it and put into a sealed envelope without looking at it. I was able to cut instructions for each character and put them into envelopes without reading them. Consequently, I don't know a lot of the details which will make it more fun for me.
Had a ball!
I cannot believe it, but two players guessed it right! We had a ball being detectives and figuring out the crime. Lots of back story, lots to do before the party for the guests - they all got into it. Great time! Thanks, guys, for putting all this together.
Lots of fun
I organised this party for my Mother-in-Laws 65th birthday and it was a lot of fun. She's an Agatha Christie fan and she loved every minute. Despite some initial misgivings by some guests, everyone enjoyed themselves once they turned up and joined in.