The Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley
The Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley is a one of a kind experience your guests will be talking about for years to come! Unlike our other mystery games, this one does not have a victim in the cast of players - the victim is disclosed upfront (Roland Kingsley). This game is for ages 16 and up for difficulty, and has 8-18 players. This game is not for novices - only choose this game if you're in for a challenge and serious sleuthing! Two 6 player expansion packs are available, and you can expand even further by adding duplicate players of the Kingsley Mansion staff members. You can host this game for up to 50 players - see breakdown below.
Each player has a character webpage that includes a detailed background and costume suggestions with links. The players can read about their character, as well as study up on others that will be at the party, if they desire. There are two required videos to play during the game, and an optional one to play during the game, and one that's available on the YourMysteryParty.com pregame guest site. Everything should be considered evidence, so your guests can start sleuthing before the party ever begins! No way to play videos for the guests? No worries, we'll give you backup script/transcript files for the required videos. However, the videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game.
Spoil yourself, and choose the party ready option above, and our dedicated staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one, two, and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. Without the party ready option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the rounds 2 and 3 clue cards.
Game release date: August, 2017
- Click here to view the character list!
Click here to view the character list for the expansion pack #1 players! Click here to view the character list for the expansion pack #2 players
- Click here for the free, printable invitation! Click here for the 24 player game invitation. Click here for the 30 player game invitation
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the instant download version of the game - no waiting, no shipping fees.
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding site at 'Your Mystery Party' for the 8-18 player game. Use /will for the 24 player game.
Your game will include the following for 18 players:
- Host Instruction Booklet including menu suggestions, bonus game instructions, and guest instructions
- Name tags - adhesive-backed
- Mystery investigation sheets
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player, and labeled envelopes
- Character clue cards and labeled envelopes - some assembly required unless you select the 'party ready' option above.
- An optional YourMysteryParty.com/lastwill pre-game site and a separate character site for each guest
- Solution cards for each player, and labeled envelopes - some assembly required unless you select the 'party ready' option above.
- Case file #1 with associated evidence in a manila file folder
- Case file #2 with associated evidence in a manila file folder
- Video #1 to start the game (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Video #2 to start round two (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Optional video to have available as guests arrive (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Backup scripts/transcripts of the required videos
- An answer key in a big red envelope
Murder Mystery Synopsis
Roland Kingsley is an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist. Famous for creating the number one social media application known as Yipper, Roland has notoriously created foes during his ladder climb to the top. Roland was recently listed on the Fordes Magazine list of the richest people in the world with his estate being worth billions.
The world was shocked to hear of his untimely demise last Tuesday. The coroner has declared the death a suicide, but many have demanded further investigation. You received a letter from the family lawyer to attend the reading of the Last Will and Testament in the Kingsley Mansion on the outskirts of Godley Hollow. This is where your story begins.
How to host a large party with the Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley murder mystery party game:
- 18 players from the main game pack
- 6 players from expansion pack #1 (8-24 player game)
- 6 players from expansion pack #2 (8-30 player game)
- *Up to 20 Kingsley Mansion staff members (8-50 player game - note: 30 unique players, 20 expandable team players)
*The staff members are duplicate characters that are not suspects in the game. However, they have pre-game tasks, character clue cards, name tags, mystery investigation sheets, and solution cards with a challenge on them in lieu of a solution (since they were not suspects). These roles are a great way to expand your guest list and still give everyone a role in the game.
Hosting this game for profit (including fundraising), you'll need a commercial license.
- Minimum age:
- 16 years due to difficulty
- Number of players:
- Gender of players:
- All characters are gender flexible. One required player is married to the deceased, who is a male.
- Expansion pack?:
- 6 players in #1, 6 players in #2
- Can have up to 20 Kingsley Mansion staff members - duplicate, secondary players
This is my 3rd party pack from my mystery party, and there is a reason I keep coming back. The attention to detail is fantastic. This one was a bit more confusing than previous games, but still made for a great night
Was well organized, easy to understand and thought out. We were leery as this is our first time ordering and we've been talking about making this a yearly tradition. After getting the invites mailed out and organizing to get the pregame envelopes sent our guests are already talking about it over three weeks out! Everyone is excited and we can't wait to share photographs of our experience. Not only will the murder mystery party be a tradition, it will be with MyMysteryParty.com
Can't say enough great things about the whole Murder Mystery experience! We played The Last Will and Testament of Roland Kingsley with our extended family and had a blast. There were 30 of us (I would recommend maybe a smaller group), and about 1/2 of the group didn't know each other (it was the first time we were meeting our daughter-in-law's extended family) It was a great way to mingle and have fun with the whole group at once. Everything about the game was spot on. I was impressed with the planning that went into the game. The pre-game round, the detailed character descriptions, the suggested costumes, the menu suggestions and recipes....everything was just perfect. Almost everyone at the party was pumped to purchase their own game to host another party in the future!