Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley
The Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley is a one of a kind experience your guests will be talking about for years to come! Unlike our other mystery games, this one does not have a victim in the cast of players - the victim is disclosed upfront (Roland Kingsley). This in-person (face-to-face) game is for ages 16 and up for difficulty, and has 8-18 players. This game is not for novices - only choose this game if you're in for a challenge and serious sleuthing! Two 6 character expansion packs are available, so you can play with up to 50 players (see the breakdown below). This is the instant download upon purchase. You'll have everything you need to play the game at click of a button once you purchase the game. No need to wait, no shipping fees. For the boxed kit, see below under 'Helpful Links.'
Each player has a character webpage that includes a detailed background and costume suggestions with links. The players can read about their character, as well as study up on others that will be at the party, if they desire. There are two required videos to play during the game, and an optional one to play during the game, and one that's available on the YourMysteryParty.com pregame guest site. Everything should be considered evidence, so your guests can start sleuthing before the party ever begins! No way to play videos for the guests? No worries, we'll give you backup script/transcript files for the required videos. However, the videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game.
With this game, you will have multiple items to download: host instructions, printable file, solution file, back-up transcripts, it's optional to download the required videos (as you can stream from YouTube or Vimeo), and a free invitation.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level - This game was updated on 8/20/2021
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials
- Murder mystery prop emporium
6 character, Expansion pack #1 - Purchased separately
- 6 character, Expansion pack #2 - Purchased after Expansion pack #1
- Boxed version - My Mystery Party will prepare your party ready kit
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Roland Kingsley is an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist. Famous for creating the number one social media application known as Yipper, Roland has notoriously created foes during his ladder climb to the top. (Check out Roland's recent expose on RBC News.) Roland was recently listed on the Fordes Magazine list of the richest people in the world with his estate being worth billions.
The world was shocked to hear of his untimely demise last Tuesday. The coroner has declared the death a suicide, but many have demanded further investigation. You received a letter from the family lawyer to attend the reading of the Last Will and Testament in the Kingsley Mansion on the outskirts of Godley Hollow. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host Instructions
- Player Instructions (and an optional video to play instead of reading them to the group)
- Name tags
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player
- Optional video to have available as guests arrive
- Video #1 to start the game (available for download or download/stream from Vimeo, or stream from YouTube)
- Character clue cards for each player (Round One)
- Case file #1 documents (Round One)
- Video #2 to (Starts Round Two)
- Case file #2 documents for Round Two
- An optional YourMysteryParty.com/lastwill pre-game site and a separate character site with expanded bios for each guest
- Solution cards for each player (Round Three)
- Backup scripts/transcripts of the required videos
- Menu suggestions
- An answer key
How to Host a Larger Party:
- 18 players from the main game.
- 6 players from expansion pack #1 (purchased separately, and expansion packs must be played in order)
- 6 players from expansion pack #2 (purchased separately)
- *Up to 20 members of the Kingsley Mansion Staff
*These are duplicate players, and not suspects, but they have the same materials as the rest of the players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here.
- Minimum Age:
- 16 years for difficulty and see content warning below.
- Difficulty rating?:
- 8/10 - Sherlock level - not for novices.
- Gender of character roles:
- All characters are gender flexible. However one required player (Pat Kingsley) is married to the deceased. The deceased is male.
- Minimum number of players:
- Expansion packs:
- Two 6 character packs - both purchased separately.
- Expandable teams:
- Yes, you can add 20+ staff members of the Kingsley Mansion
- Date of publication:
- Last revised on August 2021
- Unique content:
- ExpEach player will have a dedicated webpage to their character. This can be viewed during pre-game. Players can view each other's as well.
- Content warning?:
- Note of a test tube baby from a biological sperm donor. Therefore, in-vitro fertilization is mentioned in one of the many plot lines, but not promoted in any manner.
Great! Not too hard
We just played it with 17 adults who had never done a murder mystery before. We were concerned after hearing it was a 8/10 for difficulty so we explained to everyone not to be too stingy with their clues they can conceal. 17 is quite a bit of people to try and talk to so I might might cut down the number of people to 14-16, but it was still good. In the end about 75% of the people got the answer correct. Also the customer service was like nothing I’d experienced, extremely quick and helpful responses. Keep up the good work, would definitely do another or recommend to others
Last will and testament of Roland Kingsley
This was our second mystery party from your company. Last year our daughter, who was turning 16 at the time, was hesitant to have a birthday party (you know, it might not be cool) but really wanted to try this. She did, and it was such a huge success and the kids had so much fun that she did another one again this year. Anything that keeps a huge group of teenagers entertained, engaged, and having a blast is a huge success! It’s been so fun for them that I want to try it for my own birthday. So, we’ll be ordering from you again soon! 5+ stars!!
Well-written, easy to host, and fun for a group of adults and teens
I have never hosted a murder mystery before, so I did quite a bit of shopping around before choosing this company and this particular mystery. My goal was to find a game that would be fun for a group of smart adults and teens, not too corny, well-written, and with a mystery that was genuinely challenging. This set was perfect. Printing and assembling the materials wasn't much work at all; the only drawback was that everything looked very plain on white copy paper inside plain white envelopes. If I did it again, I might consider upgrading my paper materials or purchasing the full kit. Even though I hosted, I was able to successfully keep the solution a secret from myself, so I enjoyed participating as much as anyone. We had a few hams in our group who really got into character, but even the more staid, non-theater-types enjoyed themselves. I was pleasantly surprised that EVERYONE dressed up as their character, even my husband, who doesn't normally like this kind of thing. The murderer ended up being my 13yo daughter, who played it up dramatically. Overall, I do recommend this and I'm sure I'll purchase from this company again.
Perfect couples mystery for date night.
Everyone enjoyed the mystery. We played with 5 couples. Some guests were into playing their character and some were into solving the mystery. We did solve it after reading all the material. Would definitely recommend. Easy to host.
Great material! My daughter wanted to do a murder mystery. They had a great time and enjoyed it. They all thought they knew who the murder was but was surprised when only 2 guess it right. Would buy another pack from this company.
This was my first murder mystery party. We had a blast!! Instructions were clear and very helpful. Costume suggestions were right on. Party flowed perfectly. Will definitely buy another murder mystery!
***** FUN PARTY
It's a challenge, but a fun one! My group got into their characters before the party, which added to the fun. We all had a great time trying to decipher who did it. I h ave done many of this company's games and this did not disappoint - bit of a different format than the others, and it was a great time.
Awesome! 5 STARS
We were up for a challenge and this did not disappoint. There is a lot of history behind the characters that you can study up on before the game. The pre party fun was great, my guests wanted more! Overall, out of 18 players in their 30s - only two got it right - but they worked for it. BRAVO! Thanks to the writer and creators - we had a great time.
Clue comes to life!
We had a great time celebrating a 30th birthday with this game. The materials were well prepared, and our friends were able to play along with their characters easily.