Last Will of Hunter Bentley Party Pack
This is a challenging, interactive murder mystery game for up to 16 gender flexible players, ages 15 and up for difficulty (not for novices). The game is for experienced players, ready to solve a challenging case. The players can start investigating before the party by viewing the pre-game sites.
The number of required players is optimal at a minimum of 10, but you can reduce that to only 6, if needed - email us with your order number to request the optional, electronic host character list if you intend on hosting with less than 10 players or if there is a chance you could drop below 10 players.
- Kit sizes: the game is flexible and you can make all 16 players required with kit sizes to cover 300+ players (see kit sizes above in the dropdown box).
- Victim Player: unlike our other mystery games, this one does not have a victim in the cast of players - the victim is disclosed upfront (Hunter Bentley).
- Seamless: this game will cover the optional players seamlessly, so they will never know they were optional to the game.
- Game version: this is the boxed version of the game and the downloadable version does not come with this, as it's not needed - you'll have everything you need to play the game with the prepared kit. For the downloadable version, see below under 'Helpful Links.'
- Required video: there are two required videos to play during the game to stream or download before your game. There are backup script/transcript files for the required videos in the kit.
- Free pre-game websites: players should consider everything evidence, so your guests can start sleuthing at home, immediately. Your players have a website for sleuthing for more clues (www.hemloxx.com), and our free pregame website at Your Mystery Party (www.yourmysteryparty.com/bentley) includes expanded character bios, the game trailer video, personal costume suggestions for each character role, and more. The website links for Your Mystery Party will change via each kit size to add more characters to the list. In addition, the players can read about their character, as well as study up on others that will be at the party, if they desire.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level - This game was updated on 10/2/2022
Sample game materials
Instant downloadable version - no shipping, no waiting
Murder mystery prop emporium
Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Kit A: 16 unique roles
Free, printable invitation for Kit A
Host character list for Kit A
Kit B: 24 unique roles
Host character list
Free, 24 player printable invitation
Kit C: 32 unique roles
Host character list
Free, 32 player printable invitation
Kit D: 40 unique roles
Host character list
Free, 40 player printable invitation
Kit E: 56 unique roles
Host character list
Free, 56+ player printable invitation
KIT F-H - 75-300 players with expandable teams (see the expansion pack #1 host character list for more details):
- Click here for the 56+ player invitation - this is the free invitation for all large group games, as the final page lists the teams.
- KIT F covers 75 players and will include: 56 unique players as listed above, plus 19 expandable duplicate team players: 4 members of Finn's entourage, 3 members of Reign Bentley's staff, 3 friends of Umber Bentley, 3 teammates of Kent Bentley, 3 colleagues of Salem Bentley, 3 nurses with Dr. Briley Nero
- KIT G covers 100 players and will include: 56 unique players as listed above, plus 44 expandable duplicate team players: 8 members of Finn's entourage, 8 members of Reign Bentley's staff, 7 friends of Umber Bentley, 7 teammates of Kent Bentley, 7 colleagues of Salem Bentley, 7 nurses with Dr. Briley Nero
- KIT H covers 150 players and will include: 56 unique players as listed above, plus 94 expandable duplicate team players: 16 members of Finn's entourage, 16 members of Reign Bentley's staff, 16 friends of Umber Bentley, 16 teammates of Kent Bentley, 15 colleagues of Salem Bentley, 15 nurses with Dr. Briley Nero
- KIT I covers 200 players and will include: 56 unique players as listed above, plus 144 expandable duplicate team players: 24 members of Finn's entourage, 24 members of Reign Bentley's staff, 24 friends of Umber Bentley, 24 teammates of Kent Bentley, 24 colleagues of Salem Bentley, 24 nurses with Dr. Briley Nero
- KIT J covers 300 players and will include: 56 unique players as listed above, plus 244 expandable duplicate team players: 41 members of Finn's entourage, 41 members of Reign Bentley's staff, 41 friends of Umber Bentley, 41 teammates of Kent Bentley, 40 colleagues of Salem Bentley, 40 nurses with Dr. Briley Nero
Two days ago, Hunter Bentley's body was discovered face down in the front courtyard of his estate. Given the chaotic scene, the coroner's first impression was that a series of unfortunate accidents had caused Hunter's death. Since the dearly departed was the CEO of Hemloxx, Incorporated, thousands of livelihoods were on the line. Within the hour, Hunter's sibling became his replacement. Unfortunately, many relatives have now flocked to the sprawling mansion, staking unfounded claims on his possessions. Unsurprisingly, those squatting inside the property within the affluent neighborhood of Rumson Waterloo Estates have started feuding.
This morning, Hunter Bentley's death was declared a homicide, sending worldwide shockwaves. Hunter's attorney must make short-term decisions for his possessions, obligations, estate management, and anything else that needs attention before the probate attorneys settle the estate. All family members received a notice of a mandatory meeting at Hunter's estate. The local news anchor requested that anyone who believes they might be mentioned in Hunter's last will attend this meeting.
You found that to be peculiar, but you think there is a chance the Last Will could include you. You plan to attend. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host Instruction Booklet including menu suggestions, bonus game instructions, and player instructions
- Name tags - adhesive-backed
- Mystery investigation cards
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player, and labeled envelopes
- Character clue cards and labeled envelopes - some assembly required unless you select the 'party ready' option above.
- An optional www.yourmysteryparty.com/bentley pre-game site and an accessory website at www.hemloxx.com
- Solution cards for each player, and labeled envelopes - some assembly required unless you select the 'party ready' option above.
- Case file #1 with associated evidence in a manila file folder
- Case file #2 with associated evidence in a manila file folder
- Additional clues for round two for each player
- Video #1 to start the game (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Video #2 to start round two (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Backup scripts/transcripts of the required videos
- A detailed answer key in a 6" by 9" red envelope
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 15 for difficulty. NOT FOR NOVICES. There is a lot of information to sleuth, so do not play this for a casual game or for new players.
- Difficulty rating:
- Challenging 8/10 - not for novices.
- Gender of character roles:
- Minimum # of players:
- 10 players is optimal, but 6 is possible with request. The 16 player kit has access to a website if you are playing with less than 10, you will have access to a website that gives a character list of 6-9 minimum.
- Kit sizes:
- 10 different kit sizes, ranging up to 300 players.
- Expandable teams?:
- Yes, kits F (19), G (44), H (94), I (144), J (244) have expandable team players.
- Date of publication:
- October 2, 2022
- Unique content:
- Expanded bios on pre-game site. Each player has a dedicated webpage to their character. This can be viewed during pre-game. Players can view each other's as well.