Last Will of Hunter Bentley
This is a challenging, interactive murder mystery game for 6 -16 gender flexible players, ages 15 and up for difficulty (not for novices). This game is unique, as you can make up to 16 players required to the game if you wish. There are four expansion packs available (all purchased separately) to equal 56 unique players. With the game and all expansion packs, the game is expandable to over 300 players with expandable teams that come with the expansion pack #1 purchase. This is the instant download version of the game. No shipping fees, no waiting, and you can download upon purchase - print & play! You'll have everything you need to play the game at the click of a button once you purchase the game. For the boxed kit (party pack), see below under 'Helpful Links.'
Unlike our other mystery games, this one does not have a victim in the cast of players - the victim is disclosed upfront (Hunter Bentley). This game will cover the optional players seamlessly, so they will never know they were optional to the game.
This game has required video content. There are two required videos to play during the game and one that's available on the YourMysteryParty.com pregame guest site. Players should consider everything evidence, so your guests can start sleuthing before the party ever begins! No way to play videos for the guests? No worries, we'll give you backup script/transcript files for the required videos. However, you can download the videos before the game - so no Wi-Fi is needed to host the game. You will have multiple items to download with this main game purchase: host instruction file, printable file, solution file, backup transcripts, an optional alternate endings file, and a free invitation that is optional (also available below under 'Helpful Links').
Your players will have a website for sleuthing for more clues (www.hemloxx.com), and our free pregame website at Your Mystery Party (www.yourmysteryparty.com/bentley) includes expanded character bios, the game trailer video, personal costume suggestions for each character role, and more. In addition, the players can read about their character, as well as study up on others that will be at the party, if they desire.
Game release date: October 2, 2022
Two days ago, Hunter Bentley's body was discovered face down in the front courtyard of his estate. Given the chaotic scene, the coroner's first impression was that a series of unfortunate accidents had caused Hunter's death. Since the dearly departed was the CEO of Hemloxx, Incorporated, thousands of livelihoods were on the line. Within the hour, Hunter's sibling became his replacement. Unfortunately, many relatives have now flocked to the sprawling mansion, staking unfounded claims on his possessions. Unsurprisingly, those squatting inside the property within the affluent neighborhood of Rumson Waterloo Estates have started feuding. This morning, Hunter Bentley's death was declared a homicide, sending worldwide shockwaves. Hunter's attorney must make short-term decisions for his possessions, obligations, estate management, and anything else that needs attention before the probate attorneys settle the estate. All family members received a notice of a mandatory meeting at Hunter's estate. The local news anchor requested that anyone who believes they might be mentioned in Hunter's last will attend this meeting. You found that to be peculiar, but you think there is a chance the Last Will could include you. You plan to attend. This is where your story begins.
- Invitation for the 16 player game
- Host character list
- 8 character expansion pack #1 - (purchased separately). Expansion packs must be played in order. This expansion pack comes with 6 expandable team files to expand the game to over 175+ players.
- 8 character expansion pack #2 (purchased separately)
- 8 character expansion pack #3 (purchased separately)
- 16 character expansion pack #4 (purchased separately
- Sample game materials.
- Boxed version (party pack) - have our staff prepare your game
- Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
Free pre-game player site at Your Mystery Party (this is the main game, 16-player pre-game link. For pre-game sites that include the expansion pack characters - go to the expansion pack pages).
Your game will include:
- Host Instruction File (no spoilers in this file) with instructions to read to your players (or you can play an optional video instead), menu suggestions, and optional bonus games (free add-on)
- Video #1 to start the game (available for download or stream from Vimeo, or stream from YouTube or stream from a password-protected link at YourMysteryParty.com)
- Video #2 to (Starts Round Two - available the same avenues as video #1)
- An optional pre-game site www.yourmysteryparty.com/bentley
- An optional site to sleuth prior to the game: www.hemloxx.com
- Backup transcripts of the required videos
- Solution file with a detailed analysis of how the murderer is guilty (and why others are not) and where the clues are found within the game.
- Alternate endings for the main game players - this is a fun way to end the game but optional.
- Bonus 'Easter eggs' within the game materials for super sleuths. How detailed are your players? These are entirely optional and revealed in the solution file.
- Optional host character list to reduce the required players to only 6-9 players.
- Printable file that includes:
- Name tags
- Pre-game task cards for each character
- Round one clue cards for each character
- Round one case file materials
- Round two case file materials
- Round two additional clues for each character
- Round three solution cards for each character
- Investigation sheets for each player
Hosting the game for up to 300+ players - for more options/combinations, see the expansion pack #1 page:
- 16 players from the main game.
- 8 players from expansion pack #1 (purchased separately, and expansion packs must be played in order)
- 8 players from expansion pack #2 (purchased separately)
- 8 players from expansion pack #3 (purchased separately)
- 16 players from expansion pack 4 (purchased separately)
- *Up to 150+ expandable team players with the expansion pack #1 purchase (purchased separately - see the expansion pack #1 page for more details)
56 unique players with the purchase of all expansion packs. You can expand the game to over 300+ with the expandable teams that come with the expansion pack #1 purchase.
*The expandable teams are duplicate players, and not suspects, but they have the same type of materials as the rest of the players. For more on optional players, including an explanation of expandable teams, click here.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here.
- Minimum age of player:
- 15 years for difficulty. NOT FOR NOVICES. There is a lot of information to review in this case, this should not be played by new players.
- Number of players:
- 16 in the main game. May play with 6 required or all 16 as required.
- Gender of characters:
- All are flexible
- Expansion pack(s):
- Expansion packs #1, #2, #3, #4 (purchased separately) and total 56 unique players including the main game.
- Yes, with the expansion pack #1 purchase, this game may be expanded to cover ~ 175 players
- Difficulty rating:
- 8/10 difficulty - not for novices.