Catch a Killer: 7 Sins Slayer
The Catch a Killer case file mystery games are a one of a kind experience. Unlike our other mystery games, the Catch a Killer games are not role-playing and may be played solo or with a group. Instead, you step into the shoes of a famous criminal psychologist, Dr. Gold, and help solve whodunit by sleuthing a case file full of evidence such as interrogation videos, coroner's report, text logs, and more. This will provide you with hours of entertainment (~3-5 hours). This is the instant download upon purchase. You'll have everything you need to play the game at click of a button once you purchase the game. No need to wait, no shipping fees. The boxed version of this game is now available - see the link below under 'helpful links.'
NO ANNOYING SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED - SOLVE THE CASE IN ONE SETTING.
This game is for ages 15 and up for difficulty, and may be played solo or with a group of any size. This game is moderate difficulty, but it's a case file, so only play this if you want to sleuth!
There are required videos to play during the game. You can download the videos from your account upon purchase, stream from YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo. The videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game. There is a corresponding website at Your Mystery Party that goes along with the game, as well.
Game release date: December 19th, 2020
- Click here for the boxed set! The boxed version is a fantastic gift. Place the recipient's name in the text field of the shopping cart on your order. The instant download cannot be gifted, as there are no game-license transfers allowed with the game license.
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game invitation site at 'Your Mystery Party' Playing solo? Just check out the site before you play!
- Click here for the free invitation. Partying solo? NO worries - skip it - skip it good.
PLAY SOLO OR AS A GROUP: there is a lot of flexibility on how to play this game. You can play by yourself and solve the case in one night or spread out the fun and intrigue over time and work on the case at your leisure. You can take your time and spread out the fun over multiple nights – this is a challenging game.
Alternatively, you can host a party (or two or three) and solve the case as a group. There are two ways to play with a group:
- Work together as an investigative team. Don’t move on with the case unless everyone agrees or at least debates the issues until you have an agreement (or you agree to disagree).
- Work together on the investigation but have each player (or smaller teams of players) submit an individual guess of whodunit. The materials will be available to the group equally, but each player (or team) will take notes and come to conclusions independently. They can discuss the case, but with a competitive edge. You can declare winners after the solution is presented.
YOUR GAME WILL INCLUDE:
- Detective Payne's 48 hour video (round one)
- 4 witness videos
- Detective Payne's 72 hour video (round two)
- Video of voicemail evidence (1)
- Video of crime scene locations (2)
- Detective Payne's Solution Video
- Three password-protected websites at YourMysteryParty.com containing additional evidence and links to the videos at Your Mystery Party
MATERIALS TO PRINT (OR YOU COULD SIMPLY VIEW THE PDF)
- Summary of Suspects
- Persons of Interest Forms (7)
- Coroner’s Reports (autopsies) (4)
- Victim’s Identification Forms (4)
- Narrative Reports of the Crime Scenes (4)
- Map of the City (affected area of Deadman's Junction)
- Text message logs (1)
- Head-shots of the 7 Suspects (optional to use)
- Crime Lab Reports (4)
- Evidence: legal document
- Social media posts (4)
- Incident reports (2)
- Helpful forms to aid your investigation (2)
MURDER MYSTERY SYNOPSIS
Detective Jack Payne of the Deadman's Junction Police Department has asked you, Dr. Casey Gold, for assistance with a homicide case. A string of harrowing murders have caught the attention of the media who has named the killer the Seven Sins Slayer. The homicides are now being talked about worldwide. Given the nature of the crime scenes, the police realize there will be more murders to come if the case isn't cracked at once.
Can you help solve whodunit and save the citizens of Deadman's Junction?
Detective Payne is relying on you.
Great quality and a great time!!
I’ve done several detective games or cold case games like this that I enjoyed so I had pretty high standards stepping into the game, which were met!! All of the videos and documents that came with the case were well produced and made the experience more fun. I did it with two of my friends before we went off to school and we had so much fun all night!! I’d guess the case took us 3ish hours. Definitely recommend and I’ll definitely be checking o other cases in the future!!
Lots of fun
Purchased this for my wife and I to play and we had hours of fun. Felt like a real couple of detectives would highly recommend. Will definitely be buying another one.
Another great game
I love these games, they are fun, they take time to solve. They are not like other games I have played where you read the material and know who did it before you even start. I like the challenge.
My whole family thoroughly enjoyed this!
This game was a great way for my family to enjoy game night (actually, 2 nights!) in a totally new way - especially since we're all true-crime junkies! We loved that it was a true challenge, got all of our brains working and debating/discussing the possibilities, and no one even touched their phones for hours. The instant download option is also a bonus. We'll definitely be solving more cases!
A killer of a night in!
We had an absolute ball with this. Get your Poirot, Sherlock, Cagney and Lacey heads on...you'll love it. Tougher than you'll think so make sure you got the time and get your CSI team ready to go. We had a ball!
Amazing family fun
My family planned to have a murder mystery for New Years Eve and it was amazing! We had so much fun playing together and examining evidence to solve the mystery. I only wish I was prepared for the amount of information we would need to consume. We decided to continue the review for a second day as we were not prepared for the amount of information. Now that I know, I will be sure to plan more time. I would definitely recommend this mystery to others.
Best one yet!
I've done all but one of the cases so far and this is the best by far. I love the provisions of the transcripts for the videos and such...that makes it really helpful to go back and review. I also really like that a detailed explanation at the end was provided. I do these with my mother via Zoom and the ability to have the virtual files needed is really helpful. Great job! Now to complete the whole series (thus far) by doing the Nevermore Strangler.