Catch a Killer | 7 Sins Slayer Party Pack
The Catch a Killer case file mystery games are a one of a kind experience. Unlike our other mystery games, the Catch a Killer games are not role-playing and may be played solo or with a group. Instead, you step into the shoes of a famous criminal psychologist, Dr. Gold, and help solve whodunit by sleuthing a case file full of evidence such as interrogation videos, coroner's report, text logs, and more. This will provide you with hours of entertainment (~3-5 hours).
This game is for ages 15 and up for difficulty, and may be played solo or with a group of any size. This game is moderate difficulty, but it's a case file, so only play this if you want to sleuth! This is the instant download upon purchase. You'll have everything you need to play the game at click of a button once you purchase the game. No need to wait, no shipping fees. The boxed version of this game is now available - see the link below under 'helpful links.' There are required videos to play during the game. You can download the videos from your account upon purchase, stream from YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo. There is a corresponding website at Your Mystery Party that goes along with the game, as well. It would be best to have Wi-Fi access during the investigation in case you wish to look external items up online.
NO ANNOYING SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED - SOLVE THE CASE IN ONE SETTING.
- Instant downloadable version - no shipping, no waiting
- Corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
- Free, printable invitation
PLAY SOLO OR AS A GROUP: there is a lot of flexibility on how to play this game. You can play by yourself and solve the case in one night or spread out the fun and intrigue over time and work on the case at your leisure. You can take your time and spread out the fun over multiple nights – this is a challenging game. Alternatively, you can host a party (or two or three) and solve the case as a group. There are two ways to play with a group:
- Work together as an investigative team. Don’t move on with the case unless everyone agrees or at least debates the issues until you have an agreement (or you agree to disagree).
- Work together on the investigation but have each player (or smaller teams of players) submit an individual guess of whodunit. The materials will be available to the group equally, but each player (or team) will take notes and come to conclusions independently. They can discuss the case, but with a competitive edge. You can declare winners after the solution is presented.
YOUR GAME WILL INCLUDE:
VIDEO FILES - ACCESSED VIA A SECURE WEBSITE, YOUTUBE PRIVATE LINK, VIMEO PRIVATE LINK
- Detective Payne's 48 hour video (round one)
- 4 witness videos
- Detective Payne's 72 hour video (round two)
- Video of voicemail evidence (1)
- Video of crime scene locations (2)
- Detective Payne's Solution Video
- Three password-protected websites at YourMysteryParty.com containing additional evidence and links to the videos at Your Mystery Party
PRINTED MATERIALS - ARRANGED IN A 48-HOUR ENVELOPE, A 72-HOUR ENVELOPE, AND A SOLUTION ENVELOPE
- Summary of Suspects
- Persons of Interest Forms (7)
- Coroner’s Reports (autopsies) (4)
- Victim’s Identification Forms (4)
- Narrative Reports of the Crime Scenes (4)
- Map of the City (affected area of Deadman's Junction)
- Text message logs (1)
- Head-shots of the 7 Suspects (optional to use)
- Crime Lab Reports (4)
- Evidence: legal document
- Social media posts (4)
- Incident reports (2)
- Helpful forms to aid your investigation (2)
- Printed answer key in a red 6" by 9" envelope
- Crime Scene Investigation Pen
- Dr. Gold's notebook to jot down important notes
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Detective Jack Payne of the Deadman's Junction Police Department has asked you, Dr. Casey Gold, for assistance with a homicide case. A string of harrowing murders have caught the attention of the media who has named the killer the Seven Sins Slayer. The homicides are now being talked about worldwide. Given the nature of the crime scenes, the police realize there will be more murders to come if the case isn't cracked at once.
Can you help solve whodunit and save the citizens of Deadman's Junction? Detective Payne is relying on you.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.