Zombie Escape | A mystery game
A non-murder zombie escape room mystery party for 4 players to an unlimited amount of guests, ages 13 to adult! The group will divide into teams of 2-4 and undergo 8 exciting challenges of puzzles, riddles, codes, and more - all while attempting to solve the mystery of how to make the zombie cure and find the identity of the saboteur who released the virus in the building!
This non-murder game will have printed and video components, but there will be backup scripts for the videos in case you do not have access to a device/set up to play the videos. Note: the players will not play individual character roles, but rather they are in a group on a tour of the facility. The suspects in this case are the 7 scientists of The Zombie Institute, which are not actual players in the game. This is the instant download version of the game - no waiting, and avoid shipping fees. However, if you prefer a boxed set, click on the link below to have us prepare your kit.
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the boxed version - have My Mystery Party staff prepare your game kit!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
The Zombie Institute is a world-renowned zombie research center. After the epidemic-scare of 2035, top scientists from around the globe have dedicated their lives researching the Gen-Z Virus - a fast-acting virus that turns humans into brainless undead. Humankind has been on the brink of a zombie apocalypse for some time, and the Zombie Institute has shown promise in the development of the cure. Rumor has it that one of the research labs has discovered the cure. However, further clinical trials must be completed before the official announcement is made.
You have scheduled a tour of The Zombie Institute. Your group will get to tour the research labs, meet the scientists, and view our zombie research subjects!
This is where your story begins.
- Host instructions - detailed and easy to follow
- Instructions for your guests
- Three downloadable videos - introduction, mid-point, and solution (you can download from your account, Vimeo, or stream from YouTube or Vimeo)
- Backup scripts for the videos
- Instructions and materials (when applicable) for 8 challenges (4 in each of the two trials)
- Trial summary sheets for the host (great to have for a reference with you during the game)
- Bios for the 7 researchers (suspects)
- Saboteur clues (to be won in the challenges)
- Zombie cure clues (to be won in the challenges)
- Dr. Franken's lab's test tube reference sheet
- Downloadable visitor name tags (optional to use)
- Downloadable event tickets for the tour (optional to use)
- Answer key to the game (this is a separate file - do not open/view if you are playing along)
- Downloadable party host checklist and guest worksheet
- Mystery investigation sheet(s) (Zombie Institute Letterhead)
- Menu suggestions and recipes
- Free downloadable invitation
- Free guest pre-game site at Yourmysteryparty.com/zombieinstitute
- Number of players:
- Minimum of 4 to an unlimited amount of players.
- Gender of players:
- It doesn't matter - the players do not play the roles of suspects.
- Minimum age:
- 13 to adult for difficulty and because it's 'zombie' themed.