When the Clock Strikes Murder| Virtual Mystery
An exciting New Year's Eve virtual mystery party for 4-12 players. On the flipside, there is an expansion pack that adds 4 more unique characters (non-suspects) and a spectator file to include as many spectators (non-suspect, non-roleplay) as you need - have 100+ in your game. This is the instant download version of the game - no shipping fees, no waiting, no hassle. There are PDF files, websites, and video content - you are not required to print anything, but will need Wi-Fi access if playing on a video chat platform (i.e. Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc). This game takes approximately 2 hours to play. This game has been formatted and tested for virtual play, but can also be played in a home setting - or a combo of home/video chat players. You will send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play!
Note: you'll gain access to an optional host character list with only 4 required players listed upon purchase that you can view or choose not to view. This is how you can play with only 4 or 5 in your group.
4 character Expansion pack - Purchased separately
A mysterious business named Crime Alive has emerged out of thin air in the sleepy community of Grimford – a small mountain town seeded deep inside of the Canterbury Woods. The residents have been unable to figure out its mission, but the town gossips have speculated film production, a book publishing company, or private investigators-for-hire. Whatever the enterprise might be – they are hosting a gala on New Year’s Eve for the Grimford residents. Crime Alive has not offered details about the event other than a guarantee of mystery and excitement to be cherished for a lifetime.
You're a resident of Grimford, and nothing exciting ever happens in the town. You were skeptical at first, but the buzz and intrigue got the best of you. After a thorough online interview, you confirmed your spot. You were so thrilled to be included - you put your digital signature on many documents without reading them. Signing consent forms and contracts seemed to be a bizarre requirement to attend a New Year’s party, so it caught you off guard. Nevertheless, you hope for the best. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- 12 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game and game challenges - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game.
- Three videos - round one, round two, and solution video. Download the video, stream from YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo.
- Free invitation (optional to use).
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested).
- Alternate endings file (optional to use, but suggested).
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 14 for difficulty. This game is a 6 rated game, but has appropriate content.
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 6/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Number of players in the main game:
- 4-12 players, 16 with expansion pack (purchased separately). Invite an unlimited number of spectators.
- Expansion/Expandable team players:
- There is a 4 player expansion pack (purchased separately). You can have spectators play along as Crime Alive staff members (there is a spectator PDF packet with the expansion pack purchase).
- Date of publication:
- December 2020
- Unique content:
- PDF files, websites, and video content
Please offer more virtual Christmas options. This was our third year doing a virtual Christmas gathering with MyMystery. We had to go to a new year’s option this year. I’m afraid we won’t have an option for next year. My large family Berger lives in several states loves hoping on Zoom and solving these mysteries together
Had a blast with this as a virtual party for friends. People were really into it! The descriptions made it easy to get into character and it was super interactive. The game was suspenseful and intriguing. This is the second one I've been a part of. Highly recommend these games!
We did this for new years. It was a ton of fun. There was a lot of reading up front. Which was a little annoying at first, but it was really the only way to do it seeing as it was all done over zoom. And once we got into, it was easy to try to read the signs!
We had a lot of fun doing this as a family (all adults) on Zoom (scattered across multiple timezones and houses). It was very doable in 90 minutes or so. We were able to have a lot of fun even though we just had 5 people. What a nice way to celebrate together when we can't be physically together during Covid times.
We had a fun time playing this game! We didn’t get the murderer correct because one of our players did not realize they needed to share the info in their bio during the course of the questions. So I would recommend you point this out to your players.
This was a fun Murder Mystery and not too difficult to solve. The extra clues helped lots.
We didn't guess the killer right but still had a good time. We waited until right before playing to download. It was still a great time but we had to spend more time working on our characters than solving. I would suggest giving everyone at least an hour to review their character so you can spend more time solving .
Very entertaining. We had fun with this and connected with family in four locations. Good checklists, character instructions and ways to build the anticipation in advance.
We used Zoom to play on New Years Eve. It was a great way to get people in far off places together and to celebrate! The game was well done and it was easy to miss clues so one needs to read carefully!