The Thanksgiving Saboteur | Virtual Mystery Party
A virtual non-murder family Thanksgiving mystery for 4-12 players, ages 10 and up (and even younger with assistance). There is an available expansion pack (purchased separately) that adds 4 unique characters. You can use the spectator file to cover up to 100+ non-suspect players. This is a family game, so either have a group of adults or a group of all ages - it might be too difficult for only kids in the group. This game may be played in a home setting with a small group, or a combo of home/virtual players. Instantly downloadable upon purchase - no waiting, no shipping fees, as there is nothing that must be shipped - you get everything you need to play instantly. This murder mystery game was formatted to play on Zoom or other video chat - you send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play!
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here for the expansion pack to add 4 more unique character roles.
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
The neighborhood of Acorn Hill has been tormented by a prankster who goes by the name of the Savvy Saboteur. For the last week, they have tiptoed around the community at night in disguise, throwing toilet paper everywhere, sneaking corny license plate frames on cars and planting traps that spew old banana peels. The joker leaves teddy bears with mysterious notes on doorsteps – in hopes the neighbors will work together to solve their riddles and coded messages.
The Savvy Saboteur has announced they will strike on Thanksgiving Day if their identity is not revealed by then. The holiday is fast approaching, and the community is nowhere near finding the mischief-maker. The neighbors plan to meet on Thanksgiving Day while their turkeys are in the oven in hopes of finding the saboteur before Thanksgiving is ruined for everyone. You live in Acorn Hill and have been pestered by this prankster. You’ll be at the meeting, for sure. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- Optional to use: checklists for the host.
- 12 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game tasks
- Three videos:
- Two videos from 'your neighbors' to keep the game moving, along with a back-up transcript.
- One solution video from 'a neighbor' with a back-up transcript within the solution key.
- Free invitation (optional to use).
- Optional host character list for 4 required players - optional to view. If you are playing with 6+ - you won't download this file.
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested)
- A spectator file so you can expand your game to an unlimited number of non-suspect players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here. Note: we are not issuing waivers between September and January
- Minimum age:
- 10 and up for difficulty - or even younger ones may be added with assistance. It is family friendly.
- Number of players:
- 4-12 in the main game. You will receive a separate host character list for 4 required players that is optional to view.
- Gender of players:
- Expansion pack #1 adds 4 unique roles. You can use the spectator file to cover up to 100+ non-suspect players in the game.
With our family spread across the country and not being able to see each other over Thanksgiving, this game provided us with a great time and a lot of fun!! It was so wonderful for all of us in a wide age range from teenagers to grandparents and older cousins, to work together, 'see' each other, and to figure out who was sabotaging the town. Definitely recommend this mystery when being together in person isn't an option.