The Charmstone Academy Murder | Virtual Game
Witches and Wizards of the Charmstone Academy - this game is for 4-10 wizards, ages 12 and up for difficulty. This game includes a spectator file to add as many non-suspect players in the game as you need. There is also a non-suspect, 5 character expansion pack available.
This is the instant download version of the game - no shipping fees, no waiting, no hassle. This game takes approximately 2 hours to play. This murder mystery game was formatted to play on Zoom or other video chat - you send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play! See product details below for further information.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Murder Mystery Prop Emporium
- 5 player non-suspect, Expansion pack - Purchased separately
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
The Charmstone Academy's headmistress, Bellatrix Alatar, has called an emergency meeting in the Grand Dining Hall. All members of the faculty and student body of the academy are required to attend. You are unsure of what has happened but have heard rumors that someone might have cast one of the Dark Craft spells, which is strictly forbidden within the corridors of the castle. Bellatrix has banned all magic until after the meeting, so you are unable to use your wand. You are frustrated, as you must now accomplish tasks the hard way like the Ordins (non-magical humans). You cannot wait to get this meeting over with so everything can return to normal.
You are getting your best dress robes ready for the meeting, as it is best if you make a good impression on Headmistress Alatar, as she is the most powerful witch this planet has ever seen. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- Optional to use: checklists for the host.
- 10 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game tasks
- Three videos
- Two Headmistress Alatar videos to keep the game moving (there's a backup transcript included).
- One solution video
- Free invitation (optional to use)
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested because there are many pages linked to this page with information about Charmstone Academy, spells, terminology, etc.
- A spectator file to give to additional guests who wish to play along.
- An optional host character list for 4-5 players - downloadable on your account if you need to narrow down which characters to play if you only have 4 or 5 in your game.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 12 years - but it is a challenge for this age, being a level 6.
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 6/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Number of players:
- 10 unique character roles (suspects).
- Expandable or Expansion pack?:
- 5 non-suspect character expansion pack. There is a spectator file with this purchase that allows you to add as many non-suspect/non-character players as you wish.
- Date of publication:
- April 23rd, 2021
- Unique content:
- Videos & PDFs
I prefer face-to-face MMs but this worked really well too, a fun evening with friends! Use a platform where you can share video sound.
We were looking for a fun virtual social to break up a pretty intensive leadership retreat weekend, and managed to come across this game just in time! Everyone got really into character and I would say the challenge level and banter were appropriate to keep us right on time for the allotted 2 hour time period. Definitely recommend - very straightforward to host and organize!
I think this was my family's favorite one that we have played with this company. They completely overdid it in a good way. They put a lot of detail into the story. The game was excellent and flowed nicely.