The Assassin Among the Crew | Virtual Murder Mystery
A fun space-themed murder mystery party for video chat platforms. 4-12 players, ages 13 and up (18 unique players with expansion pack (purchased separately) that includes a spectator file to add up to 100+ non-character roles). This is the instant download version of the game - no shipping fees, no waiting, no hassle. This game takes approximately 2 hours to play. This murder mystery game was formatted to play on Zoom or other video chat - you send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play! See product details below for further information.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level Release date: 3/5/21
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here for the 6 player expansion pack.
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- Optional to use: checklists for the host. Highly suggested to use during the game.
- 12 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game tasks
- Round One video
- Round Two video
- Solution video
- Backup transcripts
- Free invitation (optional to use)
- Free pre-game website (optional, but highly suggested since this game has more backstory)
- An optional host character list that narrows down the suspects (mandatory players) to only 4, so you can play with 4-5 players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here. Note: we do not issue waivers between September and January.
The Sphere of Solidarity controls the peace and harmony within the Universe. This artifact has been under the control and protection of a clandestine group of humans for centuries. The Sphere was recently transported from Area 51 to the Space Station Phoenix (SSP)– the newest modular station in low Earth orbit. Three participating agencies protect The Sphere: the International Aeronautics and Space Administration (IASA), Brannon Industries, and the United States Space Force (USSF). Space Station Phoenix is an exclusive, top-secret project. Still, there have been rumblings that an enemy spy has infiltrated one of the three organizations who oversee and operate the station. Every six months, the crew must switch out at the station and renew the supplies. Mission Firedrake launched last month with great success, and the previous team has already returned safely to Earth. The Firedrake crew is now in control of SSP, but something is awry. Commander Maroon doesn’t know who to trust and is afraid that something dreadful is on the horizon. If anything happens to The Sphere, the Universe will be catapulted into a dangerous state of disarray as never seen before. You are part of the Firedrake crew who is on the station for a six-month stay. This is where your story begins.
- Gender of players:
- Number of players:
- 4-12 (spectator file available to cover as many players in the game as you need).
- Minimum age/difficulty level:
- 13 and up, level 5 difficulty
- Expansion pack:
- 6 player
Our group (all ex university friends and their partners) have had a lot of experience with online group games including murder mystery, panic rooms etc. the quality in this market is highly variable and thus we were very pleased with the thought and creativity put into this package. We will be back.
I played this over zoom with my family this weekend. It was a lot of fun. It's nice that you have extra tasks to do and not just character conversation. This means extra character don't have to say they are extra and actually get to to participate. I have play other games with extra characters and they were just kind of hanging out. We had a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend it. I like that the characters are gender neutral so you don't have to hunt for x guys and x girls. No one is having an affair or in love to it's kid friendly. We played with my 10 year old nephew.