Once Upon a Murder | Boxed kit
A fun fairytale themed murder mystery party for 7-12 guests, ages 14 to adult due to difficulty. Expansion packs include up to 40 unique players. This game may be played as all-female or coed with the optional players included. See character list(s) for details. Spoil yourself, and choose the party ready option above, and our dedicated staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one, two, and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. Without the party ready option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the rounds 2 and 3 clue cards. The download version is a different product and does not come with the party pack, as they are not seamless and materials should not be used together.
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here to view the 7 character expansion pack #1
- Click here to view the 7 character expansion pack #2
- Click here to view the 7 character expansion pack #3
- Click here to view the 7 character expansion pack #4
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the instant download version of the game.
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
This game accommodates 40 unique players by using all four expansion packs. You can also expand the game to over 60 players by adding duplicate players to the Robby Hood team (Expansion #2) and as fairies with The Godmother (Expansion #4).
- Direct your guests to 'Your Mystery Party' for the main game players only
- Direct your guests to 'Your Mystery Party' for the main game players and expansion pack #1
- Direct your guests to 'Your Mystery Party' for the main game players and expansion packs #1-2
- Direct your guests to 'Your Mystery Party' for the main game players and expansion packs #1-3
- Direct your guests to 'Your Mystery Party' for all available players - main game and expansions #1-4
Once upon a time, there was a faraway land called the Enchanted Realm. The people of the land got along harmoniously for many centuries...that is, until Queen Black gained control of the Silver Tree Forest. It was not long before happy endings turned into nightmares, as the ruling Kingdom of Gullyshire suffered repeated attacks, and the villains began to gain control. The mystic mountains filled with nefarious monsters and were no longer safe, and wicked witches took over the charmed forest. Queen Black has shocked the realm and has invited all of the territories to the Dark Castle of the Silver Tree Forest to sign a peace treaty. She may have evil intentions, but nonetheless, you have been invited by Queen Black, and this is where your story begins.
- Minimum age:
- 14 years
- # of players:
- 7-12 players
- Expansion packs:
- 7 players, 7 players, 7 players, and 7 players
- Expandable players:
- Gender of players:
- Co-ed including optional players - Female (most players including required)
Once Upon a Fantastic Time!
I ordered this game for my 11-year-old's birthday dinner party. Everyone had a blast dressing up and playing their roles. Our party consisted of adults and children and it was a lot of fun. I would recommend giving your first round cards out to your guests before they arrive so they can study their characters. The recipes in the book were great and I found some fun cocktail drinks for both adults and kids online that spiced things up. If I had one criticism, I would say that the note cards for the characters had very small writing and some of our older players, Grandpas and Grandmas, had a hard time reading the print. Overall, everyone had a blast and this family recommends the "Once Upon a Murder Mystery Game."
Magical night of mystery and intrigue
Fabulous. I. Love. It. Well written, thought out. Instructions were simple. Mystery was challenging enough but not too challenging to where we lost interests. My guests totally got into character and I admit, I didn't think they would! Would host another...soon... becuase my friends are demanding it.