Murder at the Poe's Raven Party | Boxed Set
A Gothic murder mystery party for 10-18 guests, ages 16+ for difficulty (it's not for novices and has a fun challenge).
Spoil yourself, and choose the party ready option above, and our dedicated staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one, two, and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. Without the party ready option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the rounds 2 and 3 clue cards. This game is a formal dinner party theme with intriguing twists and turns in a topsy-turvy world behind the legendary Mirror of Daebub - an antique mirror rumored to have supernatural powers. The download version is a different product and does not come with the party pack, as they are not seamless and materials should not be used together.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level - This game was updated on 4/12/2018
Instant downloadable version - no shipping, no waiting
Kit A: 18 unique roles
Kit B: 24 unique roles
Kit C: 32 unique roles
Kit D-G: 42 unique roles plus expandable teams up to 100 players
You have received an invitation to a raven party at the Poe Mansion in the gloomy crime-ridden city of Wraith’s Cove. The town gossips are chattering about the disreputable people on Eddie Poe’s guest list. What could Eddie be thinking? Could it be that Eddie has finally gone mad? It appears that at least the Poe Mansion’s in dire need of assistance. Ever since Eddie’s housekeeper quit, the estate is in shambles.
Nevertheless, you are intrigued by the thought of a Gothic dinner party held in honor of a fiendish bird – even if the group of ruffians may cause chaos. Chaos can be fun sometimes, right? This is where your story begins.
Here's the breakdown of how to host a large game (see character lists below for details):
- 18 unique players from the main game.
- 6 unique players from expansion pack #1
- 18 unique players from expansion pack #2
- Up to 15+ duplicate undertakers with Hollis Heep, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Comic Emporium staff with Dom Sorel, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate troubled offspring of Linden Zhivago, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate newspaper crew members with Kennedy March, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate advertising staff with Jackie Pan, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate mobsters with Izzy Diamond, Expansion Pack #1.
This game accommodates 42 unique players by using both expansion packs and an additional yet optional ability to expand to over ~180 guests by using teams (duplicate players) with expansion pack #1. View the character list of expansion pack #1 for further details. The game may expand above 180, but not much further than that.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 16 years for difficulty - challenging sleuth, not for novices. This is a Gothic theme, which is characterized by mystery, horror, and gloom.
- Difficulty rating:
- Challenging, 7/10
- Gender of players:
- Minimum # of players:
- 10 players
- Kit sizes:
- 7 different kit sizes, ranging up to 100 total players.
- Expandable teams?:
- Yes, kits E (18), F (33) & G (58) have expandable team players.
- Date of publication:
- April 2018
- Unique content:
- Two victims & bonus game content