Murder at the Poe's Raven Party | Boxed Set
A Gothic murder mystery party for 10-18 guests, ages 16+ for difficulty (it's not for novices and has a fun challenge).
Spoil yourself, and choose the party ready option above, and our dedicated staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one, two, and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. Without the party ready option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the rounds 2 and 3 clue cards. This game is a formal dinner party theme with intriguing twists and turns in a topsy-turvy world behind the legendary Mirror of Daebub - an antique mirror rumored to have supernatural powers. The download version is a different product and does not come with the party pack, as they are not seamless and materials should not be used together.
This game was released in April of 2018.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level.
The players are all gender flexible. There are two victims in this game. The kit sizes are as follows:
- 10-18 unique players
- 10-24 unique players (adding expansion pack #1)
- 10-32 unique players (adding expansion pack #1 and the first 8 of expansion pack #2)
- 10-42 unique players (adding both expansion packs)
- 10-42 unique players and 18 duplicates of 3 members on each team from expansion pack #1 as described below
- 10-42 unique players and 33 duplicates of 6, 6, 6, 5, and 5 members of each team as described below
- 10-42 unique players and 58 duplicates of 10, 10, 10, 9, and 9 members of each team as described below.
If you need a bigger kit size - email us and we will make an option for you. We can make this game accommodate up to 180 players.
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for expansion pack #1 characters
- Click here for expansion pack #2 characters
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here for the 24 player invitation
- Click here for the 32+ player invitation
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the instant download version of the game.
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
You have received an invitation to a raven party at the Poe Mansion in the gloomy crime-ridden city of Wraith’s Cove. The town gossips are chattering about the disreputable people on Eddie Poe’s guest list. What could Eddie be thinking? Could it be that Eddie has finally gone mad? It appears that at least the Poe Mansion’s in dire need of assistance. Ever since Eddie’s housekeeper quit, the estate is in shambles.
Nevertheless, you are intrigued by the thought of a Gothic dinner party held in honor of a fiendish bird – even if the group of ruffians may cause chaos. Chaos can be fun sometimes, right? This is where your story begins.
Here's the breakdown of how to host a large game (see character lists below for details):
- 18 unique players from the main game.
- 6 unique players from expansion pack #1
- 18 unique players from expansion pack #2
- Up to 15+ duplicate undertakers with Hollis Heep, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Comic Emporium staff with Dom Sorel, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate troubled offspring of Linden Zhivago, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate newspaper crew members with Kennedy March, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate advertising staff with Jackie Pan, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate mobsters with Izzy Diamond, Expansion Pack #1.
This instantly downloadable game accommodates 42 unique players by using both expansion packs and an additional yet optional ability to expand to over ~180 guests by using teams (duplicate players) with expansion pack #1. View the character list of expansion pack #1 for further details. The game may expand above 180, but not much further than that.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here.
For DIY party decor and food:
- Minimum age:
- 16 years for difficulty - challenging sleuth, not for novices. This is a Gothic theme, which is characterized by mystery, horror, and gloom.
- Gender of players:
- Number of players:
- Kit sizes:
- 18, 24, 42, 42+ to 200