Murder at the Kringels Christmas mystery game
An exciting and hilarious holiday murder mystery for 8-18 players (plus there are two expandable teams to cover an additional 40+ players (as duplicated teams) with this main game purchase). There are two available expansion packs (purchased separately) that each have 7+ players. Scroll down below for the break down on how to host a large game of up to 100 players. This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting and with the download, you'll have everything you need to play the game. No shipping fees! Easy to host, easy to prepare. You will receive a host instruction file, printable file, and a solution file.
This is the traditional in-person, mingling format. If you need a virtual game for Christmas to play on Zoom or other video chat platform - we got your back - Click here for the virtual selection. At this time, we do have a murder and non-murder virtual Christmas game.
The standard game license does not allow transfers, so you cannot purchase a download as a gift. For gifts, click here for gift certificates, or use the link below for the boxed version of the game (party pack).
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials.
- 7+ character expansion pack #1 (Purchased separately)
- 7+ character expansion pack #2 (Purchased separately)
- Boxed set version (party pack) - let our staff prepare your kit
- Corresponding pre-game player site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Lacey Kringel has once again agreed to host the annual Kringel’s Block Party for the neighborhood of Holly Hills. The usual suspects will attend the get together and a few invites were handed over just to keep the peace and prevent hostile gate-crashing. The gossip grapevines of Hollyberry Town have been seething with scandals over the past year. Stories of blackmail, backstabbing, and treachery have circulated around this ‘once peaceful’ town. You’ve seen the RSVP list for this year, and you are concerned. In fact, you would bet everything you have that there will be drama! You also have an ax to grind with a few people who will attend this party, so you’re more than ready to see what happens. This is where your story begins.
How to Host a Larger Party
- 18 unique players from the main game
- 7 unique players from Expansion Pack #1 (purchased separately)
- 7 unique players from Expansion Pack #2 (purchased separately)
- Up to 40 duplicates in two expandable teams of moochers and comics from the main game expandable players Stan Upton and Takey Takerton.
- Up to 15 duplicate players in an expandable team of police officers with Callahan Coppa from Expansion Pack #1
- Up to 15 duplicate players in an expandable team of a reporting news crew with Pat Rivera from Expansion Pack #2
This totals ~100 players for the guest list, including 32 unique character roles and 70 duplicate players that play in four teams.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 15 years for difficulty
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 5/10
- Gender of players:
- Co-ed (you could play all-female with required players - but there will be males from this game that you cannot use in that case).
- # of unique character roles in the main game:
- Expansion pack:
- 7 players in #1 and 7 players in #2 (both purchased separately)
- Main game adds two expandable teams and expansion packs add teams. Cover up to 100+
- Date of publication:
- Last revised on 8/25/21
I used this for a girls holiday get together and we had a blast! Easy to do with a little prep. Except if you're the host make sure you can stay sober for all three sessions! (I didn't...)
We hosted this party for 18 total people in our home and it was well organized and easy to host for newbies, but also very fun and engaging. We will totally do this again!
We played this at our Office Christmas party and everyone had a blast!
I stressed over the details of the game before we played, which was unnecessary. The instructions were clear and straightforward. Our players were great sports & jumped right into character. We had a group of 11. We could have drug out the game for much longer, but in reality, it took less than two hours to play. We laughed so much & so hard that a couple of our ladies peed a bit! I would absolutely recommend My Mystery Party, & we will definitely play again!
This game was an absolute blast! My guests completely got into their roles and made it their own. The mystery was funny and fun to play. I would highly suggest playing this game! The characters are hysterical. It was super easy to put it all together, but I may do the boxed kit next time for ease. Great job, guys! Will be back for more!
This was a great game to play with our family for our Christmas get together! It was a little confusing/overwhelming to read through all of the printed out material, but once I read it through a few times it was fun to play and made a lot of sense!