Fruitcake, Mistletoe, & Murder! | Virtual mystery
A hilarious Christmas-themed formatted for virtual (or home) play for 4-10 players, ages 15 and up for difficulty (this is a challenging but fun game). Play on Zoom, Google Hangout, or any video chat platform. An expansion pack (6 player) is available for additional character roles (non-suspect). There is a spectator (non-suspect) file for you to host up to 100+ players. Instantly downloadable upon purchase - no waiting, no shipping fees, as there is nothing that must be shipped - you get everything you need to play instantly. You will need to have internet access to look items up during at least one of the escape-room style challenges. This game takes approximately 2 hours to play.
This game was updated on 8/20/2020
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Murder Mystery Prop Emporium
- Click here for the expansion pack
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Tinsel Town has been at the epicenter of many scandals this year. An organized ring of criminals who call themselves the Christmas Crime Syndicate has been causing chaos and mayhem. They have stolen Christmas trees, robbed banks, blackmailed city leaders, and even slipped defamatory statements into Christmas crackers at holiday parties. In efforts to bring the holiday cheer back, the neighborhood of Holly Hills has come together to organize a block party, and Carroll North has agreed to host.
You are unsure if the Christmas cheer can be salvaged, but have decided to attend the gathering, nevertheless. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event. Menu suggestions are included with home party instructions.
- 10 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game and game challenge - host can easily play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game.
- Three videos by Sheriff Cole Stocking to play to start the game, start round two, and give the solution. May be downloaded from your account or streamed from YouTube or streamed from Vimeo. We also give you a password-protected website with the videos.
- Optional alternate ending file to cap off the story-lines after the game.
- Free invitation (optional to use).
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested).
- Optional spectator file - if you wish to invite more people to play along in non-suspect/non-roleplay spectator roles - the number is unlimited based upon how many people you believe you can host in a video chat. This is the same file you receive with the expansion pack.
- Host character list for 4 required players - optional to view. If you are playing with 6+ - you won't download this file.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 15 for difficulty - this is a challenging game.
- Difficulty rating:
- Not for novices - 8/10
- Gender of players:
- Number of playeres:
- 4-10 players. You will receive a host character list with the 4 required players that is optional to view.
- Expansion pack/expandable?:
- 6 player, non-suspect pack. Also, you can add unlimited spectator players to play along. We've found up to 10 character roles is optimal. There is a PDF file for these observer roles that provide everyone with game materials.
- Date of publication:
- August 2020
- Unique content:
- Video content, materials to print, and a corresponding website
My family from three different states had a blast playing the virtual version. Next time I’ll be sure to give each person their character file sooner so they can fully grasp their character. Our one critic is that once the killer was reviewed no explanation how they did it nor a motive was provided. That would of added to the experience. We will definitely play again. Thanks! ------------------------------------------------FROM MMP STAFF Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time and are super glad you had a blast. We do keep the solution video brief for time's sake and to end on a high-energy note, but the host instructions direct you to the solution file for the complete breakdown and explanation of everything that happened. No stone is left unturned in that answer key! Next time be sure to view that and go over it with your players if you have the time!
I was looking for a super creative idea for our 2020 holiday party that everyone could have fun with despite COVID restrictions. When I found this, I was so excited! Everyone enjoyed the game so much and I got raving reviews afterward. You have to have the right group of people who are willing to get into character for really take the game to the next level. I tried to play both a character and the host that that was extremely difficult and I don't recommend it, but overall it was a great experience!
With Christmas under quarantine and isolation, we decided to play this Christmas themed murder mystery virtual zoom game. We all had so many laughs and so much fun. Our family went above and beyond on their costumes and all played their character roles perfectly. We had a bit of a tough time guessing who done it...as we were all suspects!
Challenges are fun.
Great party game! We used your game at a party for a 40th birthday celebration.. Our family enjoyed the interaction and it provided lots of opportunities for individuals to make the characters their own. I especially liked the tips pages which helped with the technology piece of the game. We learned a few things along the way and definitely needed to shorten some activities as it took us three hours to complete. The game gave us extra activities to enjoy. Something for everyone!Thanks for making our party a success during the pandemic.
Played for our work's virtual Christmas party!! It was a lot of fun!! Through moat of us for a loop!! With one person out of 8 guessing. Was great!! Thanks gor helping to make our virtual get together not an average afternoon!!
We had lots of laughter and giggles while we played this game for our offices Christmas Party. We were 9 people and all were working remotely. The ease of downloading, the files were all marked and easy to identify what order. I would definitely recommend this game and site. We will be purchasing another in the new year.
We had such a good time. All of the downloads and videos were great. It felt like we were all together and felt connected. I really appreciated, being the organizer, to not know who did it. We were all surprised. Though if I had paid closer attention to the details I would have been able to figure it out. (Maybe)
Had a group of 10 characters playing the roles. Thoroughly enjoyed this party but found it difficult to be the host and also a character. Would be easier to be just the host so that you could read through the material packet ahead of time for clarity. Was do-able but made it pretty challenging. We used LogMeIn and I had bookmarked the necessary videos ahead of time to save time and this worked well. Would play another mystery party from this company anytime!