Catch a Killer | Nevermore Strangler
The Catch a Killer case file mystery games are a one of a kind experience. Unlike our other mystery games, the Catch a Killer games are not role-playing and may be played solo or with a group. Instead, you step into the shoes of a famous criminal psychologist, Dr. Gold, and help solve whodunit by sleuthing a case file full of evidence such as videos, coroner's reports, suspect profiles, and more. This will provide you with hours of entertainment (~3-5 hours). This is a case of a serial killer - therefore, it is intense!
No annoying subscription required - solve the case in one setting. This is the instant download - download and play without any delay - avoid shipping fees.
This game is for ages 16 and up for difficulty and dark content (it's a serial killer), and may be played solo or with a group of any size. This game is not for novices - only choose this game if you're in for a challenge and serious sleuthing! This is the instant download upon purchase. You'll have everything you need to play the game at click of a button once you purchase the game. No need to wait, no shipping fees.
There will be 5 required videos to play during the game consisting of 3 videos from Detective Rue and 2 witness interviews. There will be some audio tracks that are required, as well. You can download the videos and tracks from your account upon purchase, stream from YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo. The videos/tracks are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game. There is a corresponding website at Your Mystery Party that goes along with the game, as well - but does not have to be used to play the game. It is helpful, however. Check all links to websites and passwords, as well as video files before your event if you are hosting this with other people. Since there are a lot of moving parts, you don't want any technical difficulties bogging you down.
Game release date: May 12, 2020
PLAY SOLO OR AS A GROUP: there is a lot of flexibility on how to play this game. You can play by yourself and solve the case in one night or spread out the fun and intrigue over time and work on the case at your leisure. You can take your time and spread out the fun over multiple nights – this is a challenging game.
Alternatively, you can host a party (or two or three) and solve the case as a group. There are two ways to play with a group:
- Work together as an investigative team. Don’t move on with the case unless everyone agrees or at least debates the issues until you have an agreement (or you agree to disagree).
- Work together on the investigation but have each player (or smaller teams of players) submit an individual guess of whodunit. The materials will be available to the group equally, but each player (or team) will take notes and come to conclusions independently. They can discuss the case, but with a competitive edge. You can declare winners after the solution is presented.
- Click here for the boxed set! The boxed version is a fantastic gift. Place the recipient's name in the text field of the shopping cart on your order. The instant download cannot be gifted, as there are no game-license transfers allowed with the game license.
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game invitation site at 'Your Mystery Party' Playing solo? Just check out the site before you play!
YOUR GAME WILL INCLUDE:
- Detective Rue's 48 hour video (round one)
- 2 witness videos (round one, round two)
- 2 audio tracks (given as videos - 1 in round one, 1 in round two)
- Detective Rue's 72 hour video (round two)
- Detective Rue's solution video
- A password-protected website at YourMysteryParty.com containing additional evidence and links to the videos at Your Mystery Party.
Materials to print (or you could simply view the PDF/websites)
- List of suspects
- Person of Interest forms (6)
- Victim Files. Including:
- Narrative Reports (for all victims of the strangler) by detectives
- Victims' Identification Forms (Forms A121-B)
- Coroner’s Reports (autopsies)
- Crime Lab Reports – Fingerprint, Toxicology, Trace Evidence, etc
- Head shots of suspects (6)
- Helpful forms for your investigation (2)
- Head shots of suspects
- Incident reports (1)
Have you ever dreamed of being a famous criminal psychologist assisting with an intriguing serial killer case? If the answer is yes, it's time for you to step into the shoes of Dr. Gold with the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI. You will accept Special Agent Rue's request for assistance and probe the lives of six suspects in hopes of catching the elusive and cunning killer known as the Nevermore Strangler. This un-sub has terrorized the eastern seaboard for weeks and is now toying with the investigators, daring to be caught. It is the 48-hour mark since the FBI took over the case, and you must make haste and get to work. Time is not your friend. Can you solve the case before more lives are claimed?
- Number of Players:
- Play solo or with a group of any size - this is non-role playing
- Minimum Age:
- 16 and up due to difficulty and the dark theme of serial killing
- Gender of Players:
- Either - you're solving a case as Dr. Gold - no role-playing is involved.
Bought this for my 15 year old who hosted a Halloween party for 3 friends. They all got right into it and enjoyed it immensely. It was tricky enough to keep them on their toes but they were able to solve it in the end. Definitely a return customer!
I love the fact that I can download the game and that it is challenging. I will be buying the rest of the Catch a Killer downloads.
it was so much fun playing this one although i wish there were photos of evidence and/crime scenes to really make it feel like a real case .
Had a few friends over and we played this mystery. It was really fun though a bit easier than the last one we did. Still it made the night and didnt take too long. Definitely recommend and will be buying again soon!
I wanted to try something new. I did get a good return on my investment. I was nervous at first how it would be received by my guests. Lots of reading. It needed for the level of detail. The birthday girl solved it where no one else could. I used the vimeo links for the videos because the you tube ones were not great. I would consider buying another....
Myself and my boyfriend did this together and found it really interesting and fun. I would recommend to play with at least 2 people as you might miss some important information that someone else may pick up on. We really enjoyed this and found it very easy to follow and understand. Great game, will be purchasing another one.
Played this for a moms night out and we all had a blast! Definitely going to plan to do another one soon!
My partner and I played this for a date night and it went over 2 nights. We had so much fun and had the documents all over our living room wall so we could easily see everything. It really made us think. We will absolutely doing another one.
Great game for an adult night. Lots of reading and little video/recordings but it was a fun and a different game to play with friends.