Catch a Killer | Murder of Professor Hackett Party Pack
The Catch a Killer case file mystery games are a one of a kind experience. Unlike our other mystery games, the Catch a Killer games are not role-playing and may be played solo or with a group. Instead, you step into the shoes of a famous criminal psychologist, Dr. Gold, and help solve whodunit by sleuthing a case file full of evidence such as interrogation videos, coroner's report, text logs, and more. This will provide you with hours of entertainment (~3-5 hours).
No annoying subscription required - solve the case in one setting.
This game is for ages 15 and up for difficulty, and may be played solo or with a group of any size. This game is moderate difficulty, but it's a case file, so only play this if you want to sleuth!
There are 14 required videos to play during the game consisting of two videos from Detective Stone, 9 witness interrogation videos, a video of the victim's basement, and two voicemail videos. There's also an optional solution video with the murderer's confession. You can download the videos from your account upon purchase, stream from YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo. The videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game. There are corresponding websites at Your Mystery Party that goes along with the game, as well.
- Click here for the instant download version - no wait, no shipping fees.
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game invitation site at 'Your Mystery Party' Playing solo? Just check out the site before you play!
- Click here for the free invitation. Partying solo? NO worries - skip it - skip it good.
PLAY SOLO OR AS A GROUP: there is a lot of flexibility on how to play this game. You can play by yourself and solve the case in one night or spread out the fun and intrigue over time and work on the case at your leisure. You can take your time and spread out the fun over multiple nights – this is a challenging game.
Alternatively, you can host a party (or two or three) and solve the case as a group. There are two ways to play with a group:
- Work together as an investigative team. Don’t move on with the case unless everyone agrees or at least debates the issues until you have an agreement (or you agree to disagree).
- Work together on the investigation but have each player (or smaller teams of players) submit an individual guess of whodunit. The materials will be available to the group equally, but each player (or team) will take notes and come to conclusions independently. They can discuss the case, but with a competitive edge. You can declare winners after the solution is presented.
YOUR GAME WILL BE WRAPPED IN BLACK PLASTIC WITH RED EVIDENCE TAPE SEALING THE CASE FILE. THE GAME INCLUDES:
VIDEO FILES - ALL ON VIMEO (DOWNLOAD OR STREAM), YOUTUBE (STREAM) OR ON A PASSWORD-PROTECTED WEBSITE
- Detective Stone's 48 hour video (round one)
- 9 Witness Interrogation videos (6 suspects, 2 follow-ups, and one additional witness)
- Detective Stone's 72 hour video (round two)
- Video of the victim's basement
- Video of voicemail evidence (2)
- Murderer's confession video
- Three password-protected websites at YourMysteryParty.com containing additional evidence and links to the videos at Your Mystery Party
PRINTED MATERIALS - THESE ARE SORTED INTO A 48-HOUR AND 72-HOUR ENVELOPE TO DISTINGUISH THE TWO ROUNDS OF GAMEPLAY
- Summary of Witnesses (Suspects)
- Persons of Interest Forms (6)
- Coroner’s Report (autopsy)
- Victim’s Identification Form
- Narrative Report of the Crime Scene by Detective Nicholas Stone
- Schematic of the Hackett Mansion’s Basement
- Legal Agreement
- Text message logs (2)
- Head shots of the Suspects (optional to use)
- Crime Lab Report
- Toxicology Report
- Fish-Crowley Scientific Report
- Email evidence (3)
- Social media posts (8)
- Newspaper article
- Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) (2)
- Incident report
- Solution inside of an envelope
- Dr. Gold's notebook for taking notes
- Bic investigation pen
- Highlighter for noting the important stuff
MURDER MYSTERY SYNOPSIS
Detective Nicholas Stone of the Crowburn Hollow Police Department has asked you, Dr. Casey Gold, for urgent assistance with a homicide case. The murder has garnered considerable media attention and is now trending on all social media platforms.
Professor Theodore Hackett collapsed to his death in his basement in front of friends and family on Tuesday evening. It is 48-hours later, and it's crucial to break the case or the chances of the murderer getting away with it increase with every tick of the clock. The lead detective needs your expertise. Can you help solve the case? Detective Stone is counting on it
- Number of Players:
- Play alone or add as many players as you wish. It's unlimited.
- Minimum Age of Players:
- 16 due to difficulty, violence associated with details of a murder, alcohol, and mentions of potential cult and possible sorcery.
- Gender of Players:
- Either - this is not a role playing game.