Catch a Killer | Murder of Abigail Ross Party Pack
The Catch a Killer case file mystery games are a one of a kind experience. Unlike our other mystery games, the Catch a Killer games are not role-playing and may be played solo or with a group. Instead, you step into the shoes of a famous criminal psychologist, Dr. Gold, and help solve whodunit by sleuthing a case file full of evidence such as interrogation videos, coroner's report, call logs, and more. This will provide you with hours of entertainment (~3-5 hours).
This game is for ages 16 and up for difficulty, and may be played solo or with a group of any size. This game is not for novices - only choose this game if you're in for a challenge and serious sleuthing!
There are 13 required videos to play during the game consisting of two videos from Detective Chapman and 11 witness interrogation videos. You can stream from YouTube or Vimeo, or download from Vimeo. The videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game. There is a corresponding website at Your Mystery Party that goes along with the game, as well.
No annoying subscription required - solve the case in one setting.
Note: game content contains violence associated with the details of a murder, cult activities, and alcohol.
- Instant downloadable version - no shipping no waiting
- Corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
- Free, printable invitation
PLAY SOLO OR AS A GROUP: there is a lot of flexibility on how to play this game. You can play by yourself and solve the case in one night or spread out the fun and intrigue over time and work on the case at your leisure. You can take your time and spread out the fun over multiple nights – this is a challenging game.
Alternatively, you can host a party (or two or three) and solve the case as a group. There are two ways to play with a group:
- Work together as an investigative team. Don’t move on with the case unless everyone agrees or at least debates the issues until you have an agreement (or you agree to disagree).
- Work together on the investigation but have each player (or smaller teams of players) submit an individual guess of whodunit. The materials will be available to the group equally, but each player (or team) will take notes and come to conclusions independently. They can discuss the case, but with a competitive edge. You can declare winners after the solution is presented.
YOUR GAME WILL BE WRAPPED IN BLACK PLASTIC WITH RED EVIDENCE TAPE SEALING THE CASE FILE.
YOUR GAME WILL INCLUDE:
Video files - available via privately links on YouTube and Vimeo. Downloadable from Vimeo.
- Detective Chapman’s 48 hour video (round one)
- 11 Witness Interrogation videos
- Detective Chapman's 72 hour video (round two)
Printed materials - prepared in a 48 hour envelope, 72 hour envelope, and a solution envelope.
- Dr. Gold's notebook to take case file notes.
- Bic Mystery investigation pen
- Bic highlighter
- Narrative Report Case 081068-AR.NPD (murder of Abigail Ross) by Detective Chapman
- Victim’s Identification Form (Form V-100)
- Coroner’s Report (autopsy)
- List of witnesses (abbreviated)
- Print out of GoFundMe page (Damian Lee)
- Social media posts of interest (5)
- Cellular telephone records (3)
- A flyer of interest (1)
- Traffic Accident Report (1)
- Nevermore area map
- Incident Reports (2)
- Crime Lab Reports (3)
- Witness Statement (1)
- Special report (1)
- Photocopies of receipts of potential interest (3)
- A password-protected website
- Additional evidence and links to videos at Your Mystery Party
- Solution inside of a sealed envelope
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Have you ever wanted to be a famous criminal psychologist assisting a homicide detective to solve a nationally-publicized case? Here is your chance to step into the shoes of Dr. Gold and embark upon a wild and frenzied challenge where you will accept Detective Chapman’s request and delve into the sordid lives of eleven witnesses to see if they might be guilty of a heinous murder. Detective Philip Chapman has called upon you for help, as the murder of Abigail Ross is receiving international attention and is trending on all platforms of social media.
It is the 48-hour mark after the murder, and you will now step into the role of Dr. Casey Gold – a top criminal psychologist who directs the BAU (Behavioral Analysis Unit) of the FBI. Time is of the essence, and no stone should be left unturned. Can you solve the case before the murderer gets away?
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Number of players:
- Any number. Play solo, any size group, or even in competitive teams
- Minimum age:
- 16 due to difficulty, violence associated with details of a murder, cult activities, and alcohol
- It doesn't matter, as this is a non-role playing, case file game.