Wild West Murder Mystery
A Wild West Murder Mystery for 7-10 guests, ages 13+! Get ready for an awesome Wild West experience at the Gravestone Saloon! This game may be expanded by using the expansion packs (purchased separately) and expandable teams to over 55 players. This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting, no shipping fees! Easy to host, easy to prepare.
There are four PDF files to download with this game - a host instruction file, printable file, solution key, and an optional free invitation file.
This is not a virtual game - this is the traditional, in-person format. For virtual games, click here.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials
- 8+ character Expansion pack #1 - Purchased separately
- 8+ character Expansion pack #2 - Purchased after Expansion pack #1
- Boxed version - My Mystery Party will prepare your party ready kit
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
The presiding mayor of Gravestone, Arizona, must live in constant fear, for an unidentified killer has put bullet holes in the previous three sheriffs' backs. As a result, Gravestone is a lawless town run by a ruthless gang known as The Ranchers.
The famous Wylie Arp retired early as the sheriff of Duck City, Kansas. Wylie is one of the most feared lawmen in the United States - a legend in his own right. He left his life as a law enforcer and traveled west toward Gravestone with his brothers and friends with plans to sink his life savings into a business in what he believed to be a quiet and safe town. He intended to live the rest of his days stress-free as a civilian, but little did he know what awaited him in Gravestone.
The mayor caught wind of Wylie's arrival and immediately requested that Bella Starry invite the town for a celebration. The mayor hopes that Wylie and his brothers will consider taking over Gravestone's law enforcement. Moreover, with Wylie's untarnished reputation, the mayor hopes it will be easy for him to get The Ranchers under control - or, better yet - run them out of town.
Wylie has a few days to settle in and get a feel for the town before everyone gathers for an exciting night at the Gravestone Saloon. But, unfortunately, it will be impossible to prevent The Ranchers or other outlaws from attending the event, as the sheriff's station is collecting dust.
Not everything is doom and gloom, however. An elder in town has divulged that there are secret codes hidden around the city that will lead to buried treasure in the Gravestone Cave on the outskirts of town. Many folks are already hunting for these codes, but they have yet to be discovered. The hunt has kept the outlaws busy, which has been good for the town.
Nevertheless, Bella Starry has an agenda to keep everyone happy during the gathering with festive beverages, delicious food, and a few Wild West party games. So hopefully, everyone will keep their guns holstered and be on their best behavior. But the question is - will Wylie help Gravestone or slip away in the night to move on to the next town?
You plan to attend the celebration at the Gravestone Saloon. This is where your story begins.
How to Host a Larger Party:
- 10 unique players from the main game.
- 8 unique players from the expansion pack #1 (purchased separately)
- 15 (or more) players to play as duplicate Pinkertoon Detectives with Dom Horn (expansion pack #1) as their team leader. Each member of the group gets a 'Pinkertoon' card during each round.
- 8 unique players from the expansion pack #2 (purchased separately)
- 15 (or more) players to play as duplicate Red River Fur Traders with Sir Norman (expansion pack #2) as their team leader. Each member of the group gets a 'Fur Trader' card during each round.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 13 years for difficulty - does not contain foul language, drugs, sexual innuendos.
- Difficulty Rating:
- Gender of character roles:
- Number of players in the main game:
- 7-10 players
- Expansion pack(s) (purchased separately):
- 8 players in Exp. #1, 8 players in Exp. #2
- Expandable team players:
- Expands to over 56 by using expandable teams from both expansion packs
- Date of publication:
- January 17, 2009
- Unique Content:
- Easy side quest for 1 or more players, quick end of the game challenge to end the story
Wild party in the Wild West
Everyone had a blast. The kit was well put together. It took a bit of time (as expected) in advance and I was able to put every together without seeing who the killer was. I will be a return customer.
I was a little nervous as this was my first murdermystery party, but this really does line it all out for you - very easy to follow the instructions and leaves enough room for your own creativity and stories! Our group wants to do it again sometime, and I think the second time around it will be easier to get into character. You'll get as much out of it as you put in it! Very fun and I would definitely recommend.
Lots of fun for teens
We had this party at the last minute - it is very easy to put together and execute. Lots of fun!
Everything I needed!
I attended a mystery dinner a few years ago, and since then I'd wanted to host my own. This kit gave me everything I needed for a successful, fun evening. From characters to costumes, invitations to menus, I was covered. The hardest part was choosing my players!
Wild West Murder Mystery
We had a brilliant night of fun and mystery! Very positive feedback from all our guests. We'll be purchasing more packs for future parties. Thank you.
Great Wild West fun!
We hosted this for an office party and you'll never believe how much our group got into character. It was a hoot! Will do again soon.