QUESTION: When I try to print the PDF file on a physical printer, certain items are missing or print incorrectly, such as creating black boxes over the clue cards. What can I do?
If you are having trouble printing a PDF file, first be sure that you are using either Adobe Reader or Acrobat. Then, check to see if you have the most recent version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat. Older versions can do wacky things. Adobe Reader is available here from Adobe for free. It's a quick & easy download and suggested to do - you always need the most current software, if possible. If you have the latest version and can view the your PDF file correctly on screen but it fails to print correctly, try following these steps: With the PDF file open in Acrobat Reader or Acrobat, from the File menu, click Print. In the Print window that appears:
Windows: Click to check the Print as Image checkbox.
Macintosh: Click the Advanced button, and click to check the Print as Image check box in the Advanced Print Setup window. Click Print. If you don't see the option to "Print as Image" be sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader (available free from Adobe).
QUESTION: I cannot open my PDF file or it says it is corrupt / "damaged file."
An old version of Adobe Reader can cause this , or you might be trying to open it with another program that doesn't recognize PDF files. Adobe Reader is the standard PDF viewer on computers, so please use this for an optimal and hassle free experience. Click here to upgrade your Adobe Reader. It's free, quick and safe to do. If you see a .crdownload file on your hard drive instead of a .PDF - is a partially downloaded file created by the Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Chromium web browsers. You'll just need to check your web connection to be sure you're fully connected and re-download the file.
QUESTION: How can I use the free invitation? It won't save the information in the text fields!
Follow these steps:
1. Click on the link on the game's page under Helpful Links that says 'click here for the free invitation.' The helpful links section is underneath the game trailer video.
2. Save the file to your hard drive - name it something you can remember and put it in a spot you'll remember.
3. Close the file, and close your web browser.
4. Reopen the file from your hard drive with the most current version of Adobe Reader (at this time, it is DC). If you have an older version, download the free upgrade at Click here to upgrade your Adobe Reader It's free, quick, easy and safe - and it's standard software to open and view PDF files, so it's suggested to have it, anyway.
5. Fill in the text fields by using the Tab key (or use your mouse to click on the text fields).
6. Save an invite file for each player in the game, changing the character role for each person.
7. Either print and mail, or email the invitation to each guest.
If you continue to have issues with the invitation and you are using the most current version of Adobe Reader, you may have an obscure setting that is preventing something, so contact the Adobe software support team at 800-585-0774 and they should be able to troubleshoot your issue.
Still no luck? Something may be out of our control or expertise as to why, in an extremely rare occasion, someone cannot use our free invitation. No worries - you can still invite your guests! Use any social media event platform, a free eVite, or send an email with your party information and the link to the YourMysteryParty.com/ guest pregame site that is specific for your game. This way, the guests can still get the character list, see the game trailer video, and more.
QUESTION: My credit card keeps getting declined when I try to purchase a game and I know that I have sufficient funds in my account!
The first thing to do is to carefully re-enter the card number. Most of the time, since you are entering so many numbers, it is a simple error. After you check that, call your bank to see if they have blocked this internet purchase as internet fraud is an epidemic and a lot of banks are ramping up security and might have selected your transaction to block. Last, check the billing address and CVV are correct. VISA/MC will flag your transaction as suspicious or decline the charge if the billing address on file with the card is not correct.
If you are using a prepaid VISA/MC, it may or may not go through. We have no way to determine when VISA/MC will accept your prepaid card.
QUESTION: Paypal charged me two times for one order!
Paypal does a strange thing to its account holders. It makes an authorization line and a completed purchase line. It is very confusing, we agree. However, you'll note that only one is actually deducting from your account - not both. Now, if you placed two orders in a row - maybe because you didn't think the first one went through - you will have two orders and two charges. In that case - just contact us via email with both order numbers and we will take care of that for you.
There are three ways to download.
1. Upon purchase you will see a download files link right beside the product name. It pops up automatically, so click on that to download as soon as the purchase goes through. Save the files to your hard drive in a location you will remember.
2. Upon purchase, you will receive an email with the order confirmation. If you ordered a downloadable product, you'll instantly be able to click on the download files link just like above. Don't see this email? Check your spam folder. Or, if you don't have this email, you might have input your email address incorrectly. This is common. No worries - just email us, and we can investigate and fix this for you.
3. Log into your account at any time after purchase. Click on order status. It will take you to a page with your orders. Click on the order that you want to download. It takes you to a page with a download files link. Click on download files and you're there. Be sure to download all the files - with virtual games, you might have over 18 files to download!
QUESTION: I bought a download for a gift - how do I give it to someone?
You are on the naughty list! The Terms and Conditions at www.mymysteryparty.com/info state you cannot transfer the game to another end user. Since you've had access to the game upon purchase, you are the Buyer as listed in the Terms. Therefore, you cannot gift a download to anyone. This will cause issues if your recipient contacts us, for any reason, and they don't have an order number. So, what should do is purchase a gift certificate here: https://www.mymysteryparty.com/giftcertificates.php That way, you can instruct them what you intended for them to purchase, as there is a text field there for you to input a gift message. Also, there are themes you can choose for your email - the recipient will receive the email instantly upon purchase - so triple check their email address, as we cannot change this later. It's like cash - once someone else has the code, they can use it.
QUESTION: My recipient didn't get their gift certificate via email.
Email us with your order number. We can tell you the email address you input into the system for the recipient. If it's correct, we can resend - so you'll just tell your recipient to check their spam folder if they don't see it. If it's an incorrect email address, we can do a couple of things. We can deactivate the code if it hasn't already been used by an unintended party (i.e. the email address you incorrectly sent it to), give you a store credit, and you can re-purchase the certificate.
Or, we can give you the code to give the recipient directly. If you do this, it's probably best to warn them to use it quickly, as the code could be compromised if sent via email to an incorrect address.