St. Patrick's Shamrocks and Murder Mystery
A hilarious in-person St. Patrick's Day Murder Mystery Party for 8-15 players in an Irish pub setting, ages 14+ for difficulty. Can be expanded to over 45 guests by adding duplicate team players on certain character roles (see the host character lists below and FAQ on optional players for details), and you can add the 8 unique character expansion pack (purchased separately) to total 23 unique player roles. See the additional details section below for specifics. This is the instant download upon purchase - nothing needs to be shipped, and no shipping fees - download everything you need to play the game upon purchase! For the boxed version, click on the link below under 'helpful links.'
You will receive a host instruction file (PDF), printable file with spoiler pages marked, a solution file, and a free invitation that is also available via a link below. You will also receive two expandable team files and you can make a copy for each member of the team. These are non-suspect, secondary roles, but they do have the same type of materials as the suspect players with unique character roles. For more details on expandable teams, see our FAQ.
Looking for a virtually-formatted game? Click here.
Moderate difficulty games is what most groups (~90%) should play.
Game last revised on 1/10/23
- Host character list (main game players - this product)
- Free, printable invitation for the main game players
- Expansion pack #1 - add 8 unique characters to your game (purchased separately)
- Sample game materials
- Party Party Ready Pack version of the game - have our staff prepare your boxed set
- Player pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party' - build pre-game excitement - this is for the main game players. If you add an expansion pack, you'll get a new link.
St. Paddy's Day murder mystery synopsis:
How to host a large party with this game
- 15 players from the main game
- Up to 15+ duplicate team players of wannabe superheroes with Flanagan Sheehan
- Up to 15+ duplicate team biker players with Riley O’Keefe
- 8 players from the expansion pack #1 (purchased separately)
Invite 50+ players to your party when you purchase the game and expansion pack!
- Minimum age:
- 14 years for difficulty. No highly-objectionable content (i.e. sexual, foul language, illegal drugs, etc.)
- Number of players:
- 8-15 unique character roles (7M, 7F, 1 flex-gender)
- Available expansion pack:
- 8 unique character roles (5F, 2M, 1 flex-gender - purchased separately)
- Expandable players?:
- Over 50 players with expandable teams and expansion packs (purchased separately)
- Gender of players:
- Co-ed with a flex-gender in main and expansion pack.
- Required video content:
St. Patricks Day Mystery Party
Every part of the was great. My party was a huge hit! Everyone loved the way they had to mingle with the clues given. I had 21 people. Everything was laid out beautifully!
We had 20 playing that were assigned characters (we purchased the expansion pack). We had 8 additional adults/teens that didn't want to play but wanted to watch. We also had several children present that we let dress up as members of the Midnight Heros, Dublin Greasers, or Riverdance Dance Crew (The Crazy Clovers - lead by non other than the legendary Murphy O'Sullivan). At first, we were a bit concerned because of the # of people playing. We've done a couple of smaller (10) mystery parties by other companies in the past, and they were a bit chaotic and hard to follow. This one was laid out wonderfully. The directions were very easy to follow. I did the download and print package. The pre-game activities really helped get everyone excited. I loved that we were all able to mingle about as we would at a real party. We decorated the house to look like a pub, and I made a Paddy O'Brian's sign to put at the entrance to our house. I was impressed at how well everyone stayed in character throughout the night. They would even request a couple of extra minutes between rounds to "go ask another question" of another character. We actually ate while everyone walked around and talked during the first round. That worked well for us. If you want to take lots of pics and video, I wouldn't suggest playing a character. It's hard to focus on both. This was a great product, and we will defintely be using this site again.
We were 10 people and it was everybody’s first time doing a Murder Mystery. As the host, I also played along. It was a great game and very easy to follow. Half of the group guessed who the Murderer was. We all had fun!!
Great time was had by all.
I hosted this party for my birthday, (March 17, yup). It was my second time using this web site and i loved it. the house was decorated as an Irish pub with music and food. everyone had a great time. No one guessed who the murder was. Will use this site again.
Shamrocks and Murder
Party was super fun!!! The pack was great! Characters were good. Can’t wait to do another!