Prognosis: Murder | '90s Murder Mystery Game
Kick it with 8-12 of your friends in the fun 1990s and enjoy a night of mystery and intrigue - ages 14 and up due to difficulty. This is a face-to-face traditional mingling formatted game. Characters are flexible gender, so this game may be played co-ed, all female or all male. Expansion packs (purchased separately) will add an additional 16 unique player roles and the ability to expand to over 100+ players with expandable teams (see product details below for more information.) This is the instant download version of the game, you will have everything needed to play within the download, and there's nothing to ship, so you avoid shipping fees. No waiting, just download, print, prepare and play!
There are four PDF files to download with this game - a host instruction file, printable file, solution key, and an optional free invitation file.
This game was updated on 9/22/21.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials
- 4 character, Expansion pack #1 (Use first. Purchased separately)
- 4 character, Expansion pack #2 (Purchased after Expansion pack #1)
- 8+ character, Expansion pack #3 (Purchased after Expansion pack #2)
- Boxed version (Our staff will prepare your kit)
- Murder Mystery Prop Emporium
- Free, pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
It’s 1998, and paranoia is on the rise because of the predicted Y2K bug. When the clock strikes midnight at the turn of the millennium, experts have warned that computers will misread the year and kill us all – or at least something along those lines. Tensions are high, moods are foul, and the end of the world might be on the horizon.
An elite group of high society has made a cloak-and-dagger alliance to deal with the impending apocalypse. They have agreed to meet for the first time at an unassuming, secret location in Beverly Hills for the initial strategy meeting. It will take careful planning to ensure survival once the Y2K bug launches and the computers of the world reset to 1900, causing power grids to fail, financial markets to collapse, and travel to come to a screeching halt.
You have been included in this survival group. You must arrive on time with your best ideas for how to weather the Y2K storm. This is where your story begins.
How to Host a Large Party:
- 12 unique player roles from the main game
- 4 unique player roles from expansion pack #1 (purchased separately)
- 4 unique player roles from expansion pack #2 (purchased separately)
- 8 unique player roles from expansion pack #3 (purchased separately)
- Up to 20 duplicated team players. Lumi Williams' Entourage, expansion pack #3
- Up to 20 duplicated team players. Indiana Carrey's Assistants, expansion pack #3
- Up to 20 duplicated team players. Alby Smith's Colleagues, expansion pack #3
- Up to 20 duplicated team players. Producers, The Jael Show, expansion pack #3
Therefore, you have 28 unique roles with all expansion packs (purchased separately), with another 80+ players as duplicate team players on four teams in expansion pack #3. This will cover 100+ players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 14 years for difficulty
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 6/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Number of players in the main game:
- 8-12 in the main game
- Expansion pack(s):
- 4, 4, 8 (all three purchased separately)
- Expandable team players:
- Four players in expansion pack #3 are expandable to teams to cover 100+ players.
- Date of publication:
- Last revised on 9/22/21
We loved the 90's themed Prognosis: Murder pack. The introductory video helped set the scene for all the participants (none of us had done a murder mystery party before), and the clues prompted us to mix and mingle well. As the host, I was also able to get into the spirit of the party as well. Most people guessed the murderer, but not everyone, so it was a fun difficulty level too. I would recommend this murder mystery party!
It was so awesome to have the bast package plus the #1 package for 4 more guests. It was a blast and it was a great celebration for my wife's 30th birthday.