Pirate Murder Mystery game
Arrrrrr, mateys! It's time to invite yer crew and have a shiverin' timbers good time at yer next pirate murder mystery party (face-to-face traditional mingling format)! 8-10 players, ages 14+. 28+ unique players with both expansion packs. You can expand your guest list by using the expandable teams in the expansion pack #1 - expand to over 75 guests! This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting, no shipping fees! Everything you need to play the game is in the PDF file. Easy to host, easy to prepare.
You will receive a host instruction, printable and solution file with your purchase. For the free invitation and pre-game link, see below, under helpful links.
- Click here to view the character list (5M,5F)!
- Click here for the free invitation for the 10 player kit - download and print
- Click here to view the 10+ (6M, 4F) character expansion pack #1 Expansion packs must be played in order.
- Click here to view the 8 (8F) character expansion pack #2 Expansion packs must be played in order.
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here to have My Mystery Party staff prepare your game kit!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding invitation site at 'Your Mystery Party'
Captain Jack Blacksparrow has sent word to the most notorious pirate crews of the Caribbean Sea that he is seeking to recruit pirates for a journey to seek legendary treasures on Parrot Island. Accordingly, Cap’n Jack has summoned everyone to the Pillagin’ Pirate Tavern - a land-lubbin’ waterin’ hole owned by the ex-Leader of the Privateers and most dangerous pirate at sea—Sir Henry Barburosa.
The pirates will gather at the pub to engage in a night of merriment, enjoying a break from the vile sea grog and drinking the tasty tavern rum. Unfortunately, some potential guests of the gathering have depraved histories, but Sir Henry has vowed to keep the scallywags on their best behavior. Captain Jack Blacksparrow is apprehensive about getting swashbucklers together, but he does know this—at least one pirate is soon to be the wealthiest in the world. Cap’n Jack believes it will be him. This is where your story begins.
How to host a large game:
- Main game (purchased separately): 10 unique players
- Expansion pack #1(purchased separately): 10 unique players
- Expandable Team Players from Expansion Pack #1 to play with Montblog: 25 players
- Expandable Team Players from Expansion Pack #1 to play with Doris: 25 players
- Expansion pack #2 (purchased separately): 8 unique players
Total players: 28 unique player roles and 50 expanded team players = 78 guests
DIY options for party food | decor:
- Minimum age:
- 14 years
- # players:
- 8-10 players
- Expansion packs:
- 10 players, 8 players
- Expandable players:
- Expands to over 75 players (with expansion packs)
- Gender of players:
Best Party Ever
I have done 5 of these parties and this one was my FAVORITE! The guest found if very easy to find costumes for this party and enjoyed getting creative. The level of difficulty was a bit harder than some of the others, but that's what I liked about it. You have to think like a detective and really reason out the clues to figure it out.
Effort but worth the fun
If you’re looking for a break from quarantine life and you have a big family, then try this pirate murder mystery! It wasn’t as easy as first thought as it took some reading and organizing with the printing out of clues and instructions, but with some simple food ideas and costumes and a little effort on the hosts part, we had a great night and would definitely do another. Once you get the hang of it I think it would be easier second time round.
Really fun mystery!
I used this mystery for my 13th birthday party, and really enjoyed it! It’s complicated enough for adults, but still great for teenagers (too much for kids). Now a few years later, we still bring it up and talk about it. Even though it says the pre game is optional, I totally recommend doing it!