Murder at Skull Manor Costume Ball murder mystery
A fun Halloween murder mystery party for 8-12 guests, ages 13+ due to difficulty. 45 unique character roles with all three expansion packs (purchased separately) and main game. Expansion packs will expand to accommodate 225 guests (see outline on how to host a large party below). This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting and there's nothing to ship, so you avoid shipping fees! You will have everything you need in the PDF file to play the game. Easy to host, easy to prepare.
You will receive a host instruction file, solution file, and a printable file, as well as an expandable team file that is optional to use. For the free invitation, scroll down to helpful links.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials
- 12 character Expansion pack #1 - Purchase separately
- 12 character Expansion pack #2 - Purchase after Expansion pack #1
- 9 character Expansion pack #3 - Purchase after Expansion pack #2
- Boxed version - My Mystery Party staff prepare your party ready kit
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding invitation site at Your Mystery Party
It is time again for the annual Skull Manor Costume Ball! Skull Manor is an old estate in the heart of Spider City known for its captivating architecture, mysterious ambiance and unspeakable history. The townspeople have been scurrying about the streets to get ready for the big night of great food, inspiring conversations and, of course, outrageous gossip. This has been a daunting year of dissension and discord among many of the residents of Spider City.
Rumors of blackmail, thievery, and scandalous controversies have been circulating throughout the town’s grapevines. We all hope everybody can put aside their differences for a night of fun. If not, there may be misfortune on the horizon. This is where your story begins.
How to Host a Large Party:
- Main Game: 12 Unique Players
- Main Game: 15 Expandable Players as Darby Yontz’s Viking Tough Run Staff (Vikings)
- Expansion Pack #1 (purchased separately): 12 Unique Players
- Expansion Pack #1: 15 Expandable Players as Mo Plinker’s Colleagues (Contortionists)
- Expansion Pack #2 (purchased separately): 12 Unique Players
- Expansion Pack #2: 15 Expandable Players as Bruce Kent’s Citizen’s on Patrol (Superheroes)
- Expansion Pack #3 (purchased separately): 9 Unique Players
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Bonnie Capone’s Mob (‘20s Gangsters)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Jess Bigsby’s Telemarketers (Business Casual)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Micki Fish’s Cast Mates (Monsters)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Vic Beeber’s Cast Mates (Survivors)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Kris Nance’s Cyborg Engineers (Cyborgs)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Stevie Jett’s World Travelers (Tourists)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Theo Wimbly’s Artifact Dealers (Mummies)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Heather Bank’s Entourage (Security)
- Expansion Pack #3: 15 Expandable Players as Ash Spinx’s Managers (Witch/Wizards)
TOTAL PLAYERS: 45 UNIQUE CHARACTERS AND 180 DUPLICATE TEAM MEMBERS = 225
This game will accommodate 45 unique players by using the main game and all three expansion packs (purchased separately). You can also expand the game to over 225 players by adding duplicate players to the teams as described below (it does require you purchase all expansion packs, as well).
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 13 years
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 5/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Co-ed or All Female
- # of players:
- 8-12 players
- Expansion packs:
- 12 players, 12 players, 9 players
- Expands to over 225 players with teams (including expansion packs)
- Date of publication:
- Last revised on 10/13/22
We had a blast and everyone really got into their character. Can't wait to do another one soon!
Our first Mystery Murder Halloween Party and it was a blast! Everyone dressed as their assigned character and we all could not talking about how much fun we had! Can’t wait to have another!
Did this with our ladies group for our Halloween party. It went great. Everyone really got into it. Time flew by. We have great pictures and stories.
This was our first Murder Mystery Party and our friends came through with costumes & getting into character! We had a blast! Word got around and everyone wants to come to our next one! Highly recommend!
It was an awesome game. It was our first time hosting a murder mystery party and the box made it really easy. Highly recommend this one. Also, there isn't really anything in it ,asking it PG13.
The guests were engaged the whole time and screamed for more once the killer confessed. Can't wait to host another party!
I hosted this party last Halloween (hence, why I'm shopping in the Halloween section in June), and my friends are still talking about how much fun they had at this party. They are forcing me to host another one. Be aware - once you host one of these parties, your friends will make you keep doing it. But that's okay, they're so much fun and easy to host. The kit was well organized, the mystery was fun to investigate and only a handful got it right! I loved everything about this.