Bloodwood Masquerade Murder
A masquerade ball murder mystery party game for 8-18+ guests, ages 14 and up due to difficulty.
Spoil yourself, and choose the party ready option above, and our dedicated staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one, two, and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. Without the party ready option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the rounds 2 and 3 clue cards.
Note: this game was updated on 06/17/17.
Game release date: August, 2014
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here to view the 6+ character expansion pack #1 - expand to over 100 guests!
- Click here to view the 16 character expansion pack #2 - expand your guest list even further!
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the instant download of the game!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
Bloodworth Falls is an isolated town plagued with scandals. The townsfolk bicker in the streets, and many believe the local government is corrupt. Nevertheless, the mayor is hosting a mysterious masquerade ball in the old Bloodwood Castle. The tickets to the event have sold out in record time. The townspeople are curious to find out why the mayor would put effort into doing something positive in this hopeless town of gloom. Anticipation for the event hangs thickly in the air, and many are already hunting for the perfect mask. You are worried what will happen on this night when toxic people come together. You are alarmed, as you didn't purchase your ticket - it was placed in your mailbox in an unmarked envelope. Somebody wants you there, but you don't know why. This is where your story begins.
Here's the breakdown of the kit sizes (see character lists below for details):
- 8-18 players is the main game
- 8-24 players is the main game and expansion pack#1
- 8-32 players is the main game, expansion pack #1 and the first 8 on expansion pack #2
- 8-40 players is the main game, expansion packs 1-2
- 8-40 unique players and duplicate players of various sizes - see below.
The duplicate team players will be a combination of the following:
- Up to 15+ duplicate Magician's Assistants led by Lou Violet, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Makeup Artists led by Izzy Maroon, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Production Assistants led by Cass Chocolate, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Entourage Members led by Bruno Ivory, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Mobsters led by Maria Lime, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate John/Jane Doe characters, Expansion Pack #1.
This game accommodates 40 unique players by using both expansion packs and an additional yet optional ability to expand to over ~130 guests by using teams (duplicate players) with expansion pack #1. View the character list of expansion pack #1 for further details. The game may be expanded further by adding more members onto teams, but not more than 250.
- Minimum age:
- 14 years
- Number of players:
- 8-18 players
- Expansion packs:
- 6 players, 16 players
- Expandable teams?:
- Expands to 130+ players with teams (with expansion packs)
- Gender of players:
The boxed kit was the way to go. I've done many b4 and never splurged but glad I did this time. Well organized and thought out.