Bloodwood Masquerade Murder
A masquerade ball murder mystery party game for 8-18+ guests, ages 14 and up due to difficulty.
Spoil yourself, and choose the spoiler-free option above, and our staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one, two, and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. Without the spoiler-free option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the rounds 2 and 3 clue cards.
The download version is a different product and does not come with the party pack, as they are not seamless and materials should not be used together.
Instant downloadable version - no shipping, no waiting
Kit A: 18 unique roles
Kit B: 24 unique roles
Kit C: 32 unique roles
Kit D-J: 40 unique roles plus expandable teams up to 155 players
You are worried about what will happen when toxic people come together this night. You are alarmed, as you didn't purchase your ticket - somebody placed it in your mailbox in an unmarked envelope. Somebody wants you there, but you're unsure why. This is where your story begins.
How to Host a Larger Party:
- A: 8-18 players is the main game
- B: 8-24 players is the main game and expansion pack#1
- C: 8-32 players is the main game, expansion pack #1 and the first 8 on expansion pack #2
- D: 8-40 players is the main game, expansion packs 1-2
- E-J: 8-40 unique players and duplicate players of various sizes - see below.
The duplicate team players will be a combination of the following:
- Up to 15+ duplicate Magician's Assistants led by Lou Violet, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Makeup Artists led by Izzy Maroon, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Production Assistants led by Cass Chocolate, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Entourage Members led by Bruno Ivory, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate Mobsters led by Maria Lime, Expansion Pack #1.
- Up to 15+ duplicate John/Jane Doe characters, Expansion Pack #1.
This game accommodates 40 unique players by using both expansion packs and an additional yet optional ability to expand to over ~130 guests by using teams (duplicate players) with expansion pack #1. View the character list of expansion pack #1 for further details. The game may be expanded further by adding more members onto teams, but not more than 250.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit &/or in public &/or as a benefit to your business or organization, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 14 years
- Difficulty rating:
- 6/10 - moderate challenge level
- Gender of players:
- Minimum # of players:
- 8 players
- Kit sizes:
- 10 different kit sizes, ranging up to a total of 155 players.
- Expandable teams?:
- Yes, kits E (10), F (25), G (50), H (75), I (100), J (115) have expandable team players
- Date of publication:
- May 1st, 2014. Last rev: 9/12/23
- Unique content:
- Expanded bios & player costumes on pre-game site.
- Game license:
- Single, private use. For the game license Terms and Conditions, see below.
The boxed kit was the way to go. I've done many b4 and never splurged but glad I did this time. Well organized and thought out.