We ran this murder mystery for a group of Girl Scouts and they had a blast! Watching them go from questioning each other to working together to solve the murder was great.
Haunted house murder mystery game
An exciting Halloween Murder Mystery in a Haunted House setting for 8-16+ guests, ages 15+ (for challenge level).There are 4 expandable characters that can be played as teams (i.e. alien, clown, grim reaper and zombie - see the character list below). This is great for shy or reserved players, players who want to work on a team, or players that RSVP at the last minute. This game expands to 75+ players with teams. There is also a 5 player expansion pack with 5 unique players and one being expandable into a team. This can boost your guest list to ~ 100 players! This game can be played as Co-Ed, all Female, or (almost all) male with one required female player. This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting, download instantly, and there's nothing to ship, so you avoid shipping fees! Easy to host, easy to prepare.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials
- 5 character Expansion pack - Purchase separately
- Boxed versions - My Mystery Party staff prepare your party ready kit
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding invitation pre-game at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
The cast members of the Chamber of Screams Haunted House worked hard this Halloween season, scaring the town's people. The management of the haunted house has decided to reward the employees with a mini-Halloween celebration held during regular business hours in the employee break room. As you know, the Chamber of Screams shuts down briefly each night so the employees can straighten up their haunted scenes. When you first started working there, you heard a rumor that the management probably does this so the line of customers outside will build up and appear twice as busy and much more popular. Regardless of the reason for this break, you look forward to the upcoming treat during your next shift at work. This is where your story begins.
How to Host a Large Party:
- 16 Main game players (16 unique)
- 5 Expansion pack# 1 players (purchased separately)
- Up to 15 (or more) expandable team of duplicate Alien Invaders playing with Nani Noonunfa as their team leader.
- Up to 15 (or more) expandable team of duplicate Fun House Clowns playing with Money Milenko as their team leader.
- Up to 15 (or more) expandable team of duplicate Grim Reapers playing with Bing Black as their team leader.
- Up to 15 (or more) expandable team of duplicate Zombies playing with Zed Zeff as their team leader.
- Up to 15 (or more) expandable team of duplicate Demons playing with Bell Z. Bubby as their team leader (Expansion pack #1 player, purchased separately)
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 15 years
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 5/10
- Gender of players:
- Flexible but 1 required female player
- # of players:
- 8-16 players
- Expansion pack:
- 4 players
- Expands to over 60 players with teams
- Date of publication:
- Last revised on 9/7/21
Great ; game as always
We had a blast!!!
The game was great and everyone was happy to be in character, even without knowing what to expect. Quite easy to set up too. It was great and everyone discussed the clues and was very into it to understand the story together and to get all the clues to uncover the mystery. Only downside, some people I believe felt like there was a bit too much reading at the start of each round, which slowed down the dynamic a little bit.
We had a blast playing this murder mystery for our Halloween party this year! Everyone got really into the costumes it was amazing!