Once Upon a Mystery | Virtual Non-Murder Game
A fairy-tale themed non-murder mystery game for 6-10 players, ages 12 to adults wanting an easier game. Can be played at home or in a virtual setting. This game takes about two hours to play. This is the instant download version of the game - no waiting, no shipping fees - download and play - no printing is needed for virtual play. This murder mystery game was formatted to play on Zoom or other video chat - you send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play!
Game release date: 08/04/20
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
Morven is the great stabilizer of the Enchanted Realm. He’s the king of the Caspar Sea and maintains the peace between the eight domains, which have historically been plagued with bad blood, often threatening warfare. Someone has stolen King Morven’s beloved trident, and he has turned to stone on the shore of Wonderland. The Red Heart Army has been sharpening their heart-tipped lances, the war monkeys of Osland are preparing for battle, and the leaves of the Silver Tree Forest trees are browning in despair. The trident must be found, or the future of the Enchanted Realm is uncertain. The Red Ruler has invited representatives from each domain to travel to Wonderland to solve this crime. Whoever stole the trident will be held accountable, and it must be returned to King Morven, so he can return to normal, restore balance, and maintain the peace in the realm. You must attend this meeting. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file (virtual and home party instructions - 2 separate files) - including bonus games, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event. Menu suggestions are included with home party instructions.
- 10 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game and game challenge - host can easily play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game.
- Three videos by Tina Teacup to play to start the game, start round two, and give the solution. May be downloaded from your account or streamed from YouTube.
- Optional alternate ending file to cap off the story-lines after the game.
- Free invitation (optional to use).
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested).
- Spectator file - if you have more than 10 in your game, you can provide extra players (unlimited number) with this packet to play along.
- The host character list shows 8 required players, but you'll receive an optional host character list to view if you are playing with only 6-7 players.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here. Note: we are not issuing waivers between September 2020 and January 2021.
- Minimum Age:
- 12 and up due to difficulty. If you have younger playing along.
- Number of Players:
- 8-10 but can be played with 6-7 players - there's a separate host list for 6 required.
- 3 female (all required), 7 flexible gender
- Expandable or Expansion pack:
- Coming soon.