Murder at Studio 78 | Virtual murder mystery
Get ready for a blast from 1978 for 4-13 players, ages 14+ (18 unique players with expansion pack (purchased separately) that includes a spectator file to add up to 100+ non-suspect roles). This is the instant download version of the game - no shipping fees, no waiting, no hassle. This game takes approximately 2 hours to play.
This murder mystery game was formatted to play on Zoom or other video chat - you send each player a PDF file before the game and meet up virtually to play! See product details below for further information regarding game rating, etc.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level - This game was updated on 3/4/2021.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- 5 character Expansion pack - Purchased separately
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
After so many hurdles, obstacles, and debacles, the famed Studio 78 will swing open their doors for a night to remember. The club founders have sent press releases to the media about the discotheque being a premier hotspot, catering to the rich, famous, and fabulous. The who's who have fought tooth-and-nail to claim their VIP tables for this night. Unfortunately, the tabloids have been spewing articles about the bad blood between the most prominent names on the guest list. The club managers have promised to keep the peace at all costs.
A competition on the dance floor will be part of the stellar unveiling. Your publicist was on the ball and scored your spot for the big night. You've hired one of the top choreographers to fine-tune your best disco moves, as you won't accept anything but first place. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games to play virtually, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event.
- Optional to use: checklists for the host.
- 13 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, suspect list, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials).
- Solution keys for the game - host can play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game tasks
- Round One video
- Round Two video
- Solution video
- Free invitation (optional to use)
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested)
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 14 for difficulty and it being in a nightclub setting with a mention of a bar (so parental guidance). No mention of drinking alcohol, drugs, foul language, or sexual innuendos
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 6/10
- Gender of character roles:
- Number of players in the main game:
- 4-13 unique suspect roles.
- Expansion/Expandable team players:
- 5 unique character (non-suspect roles) plus a spectator file for as many as you need to play along.
- Date of publication:
- March 4th, 2021
- Unique content:
- Videos & PDFs