Who Kidnapped Santa | Virtual mystery
A non-murder Christmas themed mystery game formatted for virtual (or home) play for 6-10 players, ages 9 and up - and even younger ones can play along with help. Great for families!
Kid-friendly solution to the game, so no worries on ruining the magic of Christmas.
Play on Zoom, Google Hangout, or any video chat platform. There is a 6 player expansion pack available (purchased separately) with a spectator file to cover up to 100+ non-suspect players. This game takes about two hours to play. Instantly downloadable upon purchase - no waiting, no shipping fees, as there is nothing that must be shipped - you get everything you need to play instantly. The game can be played in two ways - at home with a group or via a video-chat service of your choice.
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here for the 6 character expansion pack!
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding pre-game site at 'Your Mystery Party'
The North Pole has entered a state of chaos and turmoil. It's two days before Christmas and Santa Claus has been kidnapped! The Chief Operations Officer of Santa's Workshop has called an urgent meeting at Santa's Cottage to investigate what happened and to put a search party together to find Santa Claus. Since he disappeared earlier this afternoon, the Christmas spirit has drastically diminished around the world. Hosts are canceling holiday parties, cities are denying permits for parades, prices in retail stores are skyrocketing, Christmas trees are browning without explanation, and children are flipping over to the Naughty List at record-breaking rates. If this continues, nobody will even care about Christmas by the time it gets here! You are a resident of the North Pole and might have information on Santa’s disappearance. You will attend this meeting with bells on. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host instruction file - including bonus games, player instructions, and a timeline sheet (abbreviated instructions) for your event. Menu suggestions are included with home party instructions.
- 10 character packets (PDF files) to send to your players in advance of the party. They include instructions, a character bio, and three rounds of game play (optional pre-game, round one materials, round two materials). These have scripted dialogue, clues for sharing, and points for discussion.
- Solution keys for the game and game challenge - host can easily play along without spoiling the game.
- Editable text field player contact sheet for pre-game.
- Three videos by Noel Holly, the COO of Santa's Workshop, to play to start the game, start round two, and give the solution. May be downloaded from your account or streamed from YouTube or streamed from Vimeo. We also give you a password-protected website with the videos.
- Optional alternate ending file to cap off the story-lines after the game.
- Free invitation (optional to use).
- Free pre-game website (optional, but suggested).
- Host character list for 4 required players - optional to view. If you are playing with 6+ - you won't download this file.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license or provide us with your 501C number for a charity fundraiser - click here. Note: we are not issuing waivers between September 2020 and January 2021.
- Minimum age:
- 10 and up for difficulty. If you have smaller children play along, that would be fine with someone to assist them.
- Number of players:
- 6-10 (can be played with 4-5, but you'll need to have the packets available for the missing required players.)
- All characters are gender flexible.
- Expandable or expansion pack?:
- There is a 6 unique (non-suspect) expansion pack. And, you can have additional spectators play along. The spectator file comes with the expansion pack purchase.