The Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley | Boxed Set
The challenging Last Will & Testament of Roland Kingsley game is a one of a kind experience your guests will be talking about for years to come! Unlike our other mystery games, this one does not have a victim in the cast of players - the victim is disclosed upfront (Roland Kingsley).
This game is for ages 16 and up for difficulty, and has 8-18 players. This game is not for novices - only choose this game if you're in for a challenge and serious sleuthing! There are 3 kit sizes with unique player roles (Kits A-C) with up to 30 unique characters. Kits D-E allow you to expand up to 50 players by adding duplicate players of the Kingsley Mansion staff members to play as a team. See the breakdown below.
Each character includes a webpage that includes a detailed background and costume suggestions with links. The players can read about their character, as well as study up on others that will be at the party, if they desire.
There are two required videos to play during the game, and an optional one to play during the game, and one that's available on the YourMysteryParty.com pregame guest site. Everything should be considered evidence, so your guests can start sleuthing before the party ever begins! You also will receive backup script/transcript files for the required videos in case something happens and you can't play them. However, the videos are able to be downloaded prior to the game - so no WiFi is needed to host the game.
Spoil yourself, and choose the party ready option above, and our dedicated staff will fold and slip your clue cards for rounds one and three into the envelopes to prevent you from seeing spoilers on the round cards. There are no clue cards/envelopes for round two. Rather, for round two, you get a case file that you can avoid viewing by not opening it. Without the party ready option selected, you will have some assembly required with your kit and there will be spoilers upon opening the kit and viewing the round 3 clue cards.
The download version of the game does not come with the party pack, as it is a separate product and not seamless.
Click here to review the details regarding the challenge level - This game was updated on 8/23/2017
Instant downloadable version - no shipping, no waiting
Kit A: 8-18 unique roles
Kit B: 8-24 unique roles
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
Roland Kingsley is an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist. Famous for creating the number one social media application known as Yipper, Roland has notoriously created foes during his ladder climb to the top. Roland was recently listed on the Fordes Magazine list of the richest people in the world with his estate being worth billions.
The world was shocked to hear of his untimely demise last Tuesday. The coroner has declared the death a suicide, but many have demanded further investigation. You received a letter from the family lawyer to attend the reading of the Last Will and Testament in the Kingsley Mansion on the outskirts of Godley Hollow. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host Instruction Booklet including menu suggestions, bonus game instructions, and guest instructions
- Name tags - adhesive-backed
- Mystery investigation sheets
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player, and labeled envelopes
- Round one character clue cards and labeled envelopes - some assembly required unless you choose spoiler-free above. (Note: there are no round two clue cards with this theme.)
- An optional pre-game site and a separate character site for each guest
- Solution cards for each player, and labeled envelopes - some assembly required unless you choose spoiler-free above.
- Round One Case file #1 with associated evidence in a manila file folder
- Round Two Case file #2 with associated evidence in a manila file folder
- Video #1 to start the game (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Video #2 to start round two (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Optional video to have available as guests arrive (available for download, or to stream from Vimeo or YouTube)
- Backup scripts/transcripts of the required videos
- An answer key in a big red envelope
How to Host a Larger Party:
- 18 players from the main game pack
- 6 players from expansion pack #1 (8-24 player game)
- 6 players from expansion pack #2 (8-30 player game)
- *Up to 20 Kingsley Mansion staff members (8-50 player game - note: 30 unique players, 20 expandable team players)
Note: The staff members are duplicate characters that are not suspects in the game. However, they have pre-game tasks, character clue cards, name tags, mystery investigation sheets, and solution cards with a challenge on them in lieu of a solution (since they were not suspects). These roles are a great way to expand your guest list and still give everyone a role in the game.
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 16 years due to difficulty and see the content warning below.
- Difficulty rating:
- 8/10 - this is a difficult game, not for novices.
- Content warning(s):
- As noted in the character bio: Ocean was a test tube baby from a biological sperm donor back when Roland was a teen. Therefore, in-vitro fertilization is mentioned in one of the many plots, but not promoted in any manner.
- Gender of character roles:
- All characters are gender flexible. However one required player (Pat Kingsley) is married to the deceased. The deceased is male.
- Minimum number of players:
- 8 players
- Kit sizes:
- 5 different kit sizes, ranging up to 50 total players.
- Expandable teams?:
- Yes, kits D (10) and E (20) have expandable team players
- Date of publication:
- August, 2017
- Unique content:
- Dedicated webpages for character bios. This can be viewed during pre-game. Players can view each other's as well. Victim is not a casted player.
- Game license:
- Single, private use. For the game license's Terms and Conditions, see below.
This is my 3rd party pack from my mystery party, and there is a reason I keep coming back. The attention to detail is fantastic. This one was a bit more confusing than previous games, but still made for a great night
Was well organized, easy to understand and thought out. We were leery as this is our first time ordering and we've been talking about making this a yearly tradition. After getting the invites mailed out and organizing to get the pregame envelopes sent our guests are already talking about it over three weeks out! Everyone is excited and we can't wait to share photographs of our experience. Not only will the murder mystery party be a tradition, it will be with MyMysteryParty.com
Can't say enough great things about the whole Murder Mystery experience! We played The Last Will and Testament of Roland Kingsley with our extended family and had a blast. There were 30 of us (I would recommend maybe a smaller group), and about 1/2 of the group didn't know each other (it was the first time we were meeting our daughter-in-law's extended family) It was a great way to mingle and have fun with the whole group at once. Everything about the game was spot on. I was impressed with the planning that went into the game. The pre-game round, the detailed character descriptions, the suggested costumes, the menu suggestions and recipes....everything was just perfect. Almost everyone at the party was pumped to purchase their own game to host another party in the future!