Escape from Dregs Island
Want something a bit different and are you up for a challenge? Escape from Dregs Island is a fun murder mystery game for 7-16 players, ages 16+. This is a face-to-face traditional mingling formatted game. Based upon the award-winning YA novel by Dr. Bon Blossman and Zakk Myer, Dregs Island. This is an in-person (face-to-face) game. There is an 8 player (gender flexible) expansion pack available. This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting, no shipping fees, as there is nothing to be shipped! Easy to host, easy to prepare the game.
There are four PDF files to download with this game - a host instruction file, printable file, solution key, and an optional free invitation file.
- Host character list
- Free, printable invitation
- Sample game materials
- Murder mystery prop emporium
- 8 character, Expansion pack #1 - Purchased separately
- Boxed version - My Mystery Party will prepare your party ready kit
- Direct your guests here - the corresponding pre-game site at Your Mystery Party
Murder Mystery Synopsis:
It is six years after President Gray's Prison Reform Act of 2026. Prisons have been shut down across the United States, and all felons must serve life sentences on isolated prison islands where escape is impossible and rules of civility are obsolete. The prisoners on Dregs Island must rely on sharp intuition to survive, as there is nobody to trust.
Dregs Island has been segregated into four factions after the first prisoners arrived six years ago. The Quay is the northernmost part of the island with the most vegetation and resources. The ruthless leader Tobias and the Junk Rats, who are all confessed murderers, reside there behind a chain-link fence. The Compound is a fortified complex where the white-collared criminals live. The Battlefield is where the worst of the worst reside, along with the island's trash. Finally, Purgatory is the largest sector where the misfits live in a disorganized village of huts and cabins.
Under fire from the American public, President Gray has acknowledged innocent people may have been banished for life to a prison island – especially with the newly-formed expedited trials. In a show of good faith, President Gray has asked the island to select one prisoner who is most worthy of a release. The prisoners will soon gather in Purgatory to vote on who to liberate from the island. Even though the murderous residents of The Quay are ineligible for release, Tobias has made it mandatory for the Junk Rats to attend the gathering. The murderous faction of the island's population will undoubtedly be a problem as the Junk Rats only know how to terrorize the other prisoners. This is where your story begins.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Host Instructions via PDF file including Player Instructions (script and optional video link), example timeline, menu suggestions, and bonus games.
- Printable PDF file including
- Name tags for each player
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player
- Map of Dregs Island
- Character clue cards for each player (Round One, Round Two)
- Solution cards for each player (Round Three)
- Accessory items: announcement card, optional story-ender card, and voting ballots
- Investigation sheets for each player
- Solution file (PDF)
- Free downloadable invitations
- Free player pre-game site with a character list, game trailer video, videos of the various sections of the prison island, and costume suggestions
If you wish to host this (or any other) game for profit, you will need a commercial license - click here.
- Minimum age:
- 16+ for difficulty and violent undertones -it's a prison island. There is no foul language or references to drugs, rape, or sexual innuendos.
- Difficulty rating:
- Moderate, 6/10
- Gender of character roles:
- May be played as all-female with required or co-ed
- Number of players in the main game:
- Expansion pack(s):
- 8 player, gender flexible
- Expandable team players:
- Not at this time.
- Date of publication:
- 2017. Last revised on 3/9/23
- Unique content:
- The game's a spin-off from an award-winning novel (YA Adventure) Optional story ender card, voting ballots, map of the island
- Game license:
- Single, private use. For the game license's Terms and Conditions, see below.
We had such a grand time. There were surprises throughout the game. I had a few new players in the party and it was quite a introductions for them into the murder mystery party games. Overall I love that there is multiple endings with different possibilities. Overall we had a blast and can't wait to play another one. Dr. V character was quite interesting overall.
My group loved this game! Everyone got into their character. The storyline was great. The host materials were informative and helpful and I was able to ply along with everyone. Would definitely do another one.
Loved everything about this game! My group rly got into their roles and made it their own! Will do another soon
Great time, great mystery, great fun. Our players got into their roles and it was a hysterical time. Will play again! loved how the group was divided into sections - that made allies form and it was great.