Escape from Dregs Island
Want something a bit different and are you up for a challenge? Escape from Dregs Island is a fun murder mystery game for 7-16 players, ages 16+. This is a face-to-face traditional mingling formatted game. Based upon the award-winning YA novel by Dr. Bon Blossman and Zakk Myer, Dregs Island. This is an in-person (face-to-face) game. There is an 8 player (gender flexible) expansion pack available. This is the instant download upon purchase version of the game - no waiting, no shipping fees, as there is nothing to be shipped! Easy to host, easy to prepare the game.
Game release date: April 1, 2018
- Click here to view the character list!
- Click here for the free, printable invitation!
- Click here for the 8 character expansion pack #1
- Click here to view sample game materials.
- Click here for the boxed set to have My Mystery Party staff prepare your game kit!
- Click here to check out the Murder Mystery Prop Emporium!
- Direct your guests to the corresponding site at 'Your Mystery Party'
YOUR GAME WILL INCLUDE:
- Host Instructions
- Guest Instructions
- Name tags
- An optional pre-game round of tasks for each player
- Character clue cards for each player (Round One, Round Two)
- An optional YourMysteryParty.com/dregs pre-game site with more character background, costume suggestions, and more.
- Solution cards for each player (Round Three)
- Menu suggestions
- Optional bonus games
- An answer key
- Free downloadable invitations (above)
- Free guest pre-game site with a character list, game trailer video, and costume suggestions
MURDER MYSTERY SYNOPSIS
It is six years after President Gray's Prison Reform Act of 2026. Prisons have been shut down across the United States, and all felons must serve life sentences on isolated prison islands where escape is impossible, and rules of civility are obsolete. The prisoners on Dregs Island must rely on sharp intuition to survive, as nobody can be trusted.
Dregs Island has been segregated into four factions after the first prisoners arrived six years ago. The Quay is the northernmost part of the island with the most vegetation and resources. The merciless leader Tobias and the Junk Rats, who are all confessed murderers, reside there behind a chain-link fence. The Compound is a fortified complex where the white-collared criminals live. The Battlefield is where the worst of the worst reside and where the trash of the island is sent. Purgatory is the largest sector where the misfits live in a disorganized village of huts and cabins.
Under fire from the American public, President Gray has acknowledged innocent people may have been banished for life to a prison island – especially with the newly-formed expedited trials. In a show of good faith, President Gray has asked the island to select one prisoner who is most worthy of a release. The prisoners are set to meet in Purgatory for the big vote of who to liberate from the island. Even though the murderous residents of The Quay will be ineligible for release, Tobias has made it mandatory for the Junk Rats to attend the gathering. This indeed will be a problem, as the Junk Rats terrorize the island population. This is where your story begins.
- Minimum age:
- 16+ for difficulty and violent undertones -it's a prison island. There is no foul language or references to drugs, rape, or sexual innuendos.
- Number of players:
- Expansion pack?:
- 8 player, gender flexible
- Not at this time.
- May be played as all-female with required or co-ed
We had such a grand time. There were surprises throughout the game. I had a few new players in the party and it was quite a introductions for them into the murder mystery party games. Overall I love that there is multiple endings with different possibilities. Overall we had a blast and can't wait to play another one. Dr. V character was quite interesting overall.
My group loved this game! Everyone got into their character. The storyline was great. The host materials were informative and helpful and I was able to ply along with everyone. Would definitely do another one.
Loved everything about this game! My group rly got into their roles and made it their own! Will do another soon
Great time, great mystery, great fun. Our players got into their roles and it was a hysterical time. Will play again! loved how the group was divided into sections - that made allies form and it was great.